Author Topic: Classic & American Imports (SA)  (Read 3593 times)

Mijbril

• P Plater
  • I'm new here
Classic & American Imports (SA)
« on: April 02, 2018, 11:47:48 PM »
They're in Adelaide, http://classicandamericanimports.com.au anyone ever bought a car from them before & brought it to NSW? Don't want to buy a car that'd be registered just fine in SA & have it knocked back in NSW by the RMS for some reason.

Thanks in advance for any comments if you've dealt with them before.

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Re: Classic & American Imports (SA)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 08:32:32 AM »
If it can get registered in SA it will pass in NSW with flying colours. SA is the most difficult state to register a classic import especially if it's left hand drive. The vehicle must be factory original with matching colour coded dipstick, no modification allowed whatsoever. The Adelaide importer should be able to tell you all about it. A word of warning.....he is a tosser. A few of my customers had bad experience with him in the past. Let me put it simply, he is not a man of his words.

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2018, 06:38:03 PM »
Yeah, if you put an aftermarket stereo in your LHD car, they won't register it in South Aus.  I'm not making that up...

Having said that, on the subject of buying and registering a car, keep in mind that if you're looking at buying a 40 to 50 year old car, that it's a 40 to 50 year old car and not a 5 year old Commodore.  Even if it appears to be 'restored', you still might have a couple of things to attend to for registration...

Mijbril

• P Plater
  • I'm new here
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 01:12:23 PM »
As a newly turned 50 year old myself, I understand fully the needs of a bit off TLC as anything this venerable age to retain peak performance  :cool:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333