Author Topic: Got my C-Plates  (Read 5073 times)

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Got my C-Plates
« on: February 13, 2017, 09:33:10 PM »
Geezus the plates are ugly!  :omg:

They are the same size as yellow plates but green letters on white! How will I fit them????? Im sure they just did that to save money cause they are just forklift plates! So half of the cars applying for them will be American cars..... good one Government! Really thought that one through!  :banghead: :banghead: :bats: :thumbdown: :cry:
Anyway still happy cause I save a ridicules $1100+ on rego
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Skipman

• Speedster
Re: Got my C-Plates
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2017, 09:39:56 PM »
So Andy what is the difference between c plates and historic plates and modified plates I am just confused mind u that is nothing new

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2017, 09:22:41 AM »
What a shame Andy!  The Government has probably done that to turn people off going on C-Plates  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:  Good thing you're saving so much money though.  The Vette is going to look so different  :omg:

Dennis, the committee will be getting together to interpret the C-Plates rules and regulations.  The C-Plates are for highly modified vehicles.  I'd say your cars are fine on H-Plates.  :thumb:

Ness  :cool:

77CVT

• P Plater
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2017, 11:19:57 AM »
You guys have ridiculous rego laws.  I thought Qld was bad. 

Skipman

• Speedster
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2017, 02:58:14 PM »
Thanks ness from the last meeting I was under the understanding that as my gto has had the roof cut off that I will need a modified vehicle plate with engineers cents and blue slip. It is all to confusing for me the dumbass. The Buick I will put on h plates my question is as this is the first time I have done this what do I need to do as the rego runs out in 4 weeks?

birdman

• Rally Licence
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2017, 04:29:17 PM »
Thanks ness from the last meeting I was under the understanding that as my gto has had the roof cut off that I will need a modified vehicle plate with engineers cents and blue slip. It is all to confusing for me the dumbass. The Buick I will put on h plates my question is as this is the first time I have done this what do I need to do as the rego runs out in 4 weeks?

Go get a pink slip then download and fill in all nessesary paperwork and then fax email post or hand deliver to Owen so he can sign it off then off to the RMS with your old number plates and pay your $90 odd dollars. Make sure you ask them for the 60 day permit too. Just an extra form the RMS will print and fill out.

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2017, 05:32:19 PM »
 :thank: for helping out Birdman  :way:

Dennis, best to double check with Owen absolutely  :exactly:

Ness  :thumb:

Skipman

• Speedster
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2017, 07:03:24 PM »
Thanks birdman and ness much appreciated will contact Owen now

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2017, 11:30:33 AM »
You guys have ridiculous rego laws.  I thought Qld was bad.

I think u guys have the best rego in the country! A personalised plate in Nsw costs around $500 a year!!!!! Then rego and greenslip for a normal car adds up to about $1100!!!! So if u want a nice plate plus rego $1600 a freakin year!!!!
Such a joke here!
In California, it's a one off $55 for any personalised plate (and there are heaps of types)  :banghead: :cry:

Hey Skipman, I'm still not sure if u would have to get an engineers cert.? The fact that it has been rego'd before says no but because it's a new Nsw rego you may?? Ring Chris SMS, see what he says?
I have an engineers report from a while ago.
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Ness70Nova

• Top Fuel Pilot
  • Vanessa Goldstein
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2017, 02:08:37 PM »
 :thank: to everyone helping each other out - that's what the forum is all about.

Ness  :thumb:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333