Author Topic: The spammers are running a muck  (Read 5839 times)

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
The spammers are running a muck
« on: May 29, 2011, 07:52:19 PM »
Just thought I would let you all know over the last few days we have had a huge increase in spammer activity coming out of China. Pete and I have mostly been keeping up but the odd one slips through. Thank you to all the members that hit the report button (in the top right corner of their post) it is a big help.
If you see a suspicious thread or reply, posted on the forum best thing to do is report the post. do not reply and do not click on any URL links in that post.
It is ok if you reply but your reply will be deleted with the thread.

Finaly I have a mesage for all the spammers reading this.

73Transam

• Speedster
    • pontiac68@optusnet.com
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2011, 01:40:35 AM »
Hi Joe, Thanks for the warning didnt know about the report button:rol:.. But do you know i can change my IP address to anywhere in the world if i wanted to with the flick of a button..This spammer could be closer to home then you think!!:thanks:

peterp

• Administrator
  • Speedster
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2011, 07:24:26 AM »
For members using proxy IPs

You will be found out and your IP and it's full range will be banned on the forum.

This week we will be installing a hack to bar all IPs from certain countries.

If it is closer to home then all I can say is BRING IT ON (especially the facebook mob) lets see who can see it out.

peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

chris67

• P Plater
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2011, 08:36:41 AM »
Quote from: peterp link=topic=4397.msg27667#msg27667
For members using proxy IPs

You will be found out and your IP and it's full range will be banned on the forum.

This week we will be installing a hack to bar all IPs from certain countries.

If it is closer to home then all I can say is BRING IT ON (especially the facebook mob) lets see who can see it out.

peterp

Peter P

Rest a sured the facebook mob would NOT be doing it, please get the facts wright first before the finger gets pointed.

I know 100% its not them.

Regards
Chris
Rev It Loud, Drive It Proud!  

peterp

• Administrator
  • Speedster
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2011, 08:40:31 AM »
Thats good to hear Chris.

I beleive that the majority are from China which will be addressed with a blanket ban on all Chinese IP addresses.

There are a few other countries that might join that list, France, Hungry, Russia, just to name a few.

Peter
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

chris67

• P Plater
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »
Quote from: peterp link=topic=4397.msg27669#msg27669
Thats good to hear Chris.

I beleive that the majority are from China which will be addressed with a blanket ban on all Chinese IP addresses.

There are a few other countries that might join that list, France, Hungry, Russia, just to name a few.

Peter

You are 100% correct most spammers do run form the country's that you have named that is just naming afew.

Rev It Loud, Drive It Proud!  

73Transam

• Speedster
    • pontiac68@optusnet.com
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
it's a dame shame that we have to take these measures from certain people..i hope installing this new system will work

Kroooozer

« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 01:02:07 PM »
As a financial member of this club I personally have found it offensive for 2 individuals posting on this topic to cast dispersions against other members of this club and forum that are unsubstantiated.
As I see it the following board rules have been breached and seek immediate action as stated in board rules below:

C. No defamatory statements:

Defamatory statements are, for example, statements that contain certain kinds of untrue factual information about a person or a company that is derogatory. It's okay to say that the "Car was not repaired to your satisfaction." It's not okay to say that the Repair or work doesn't meet its published specifications, unless you back the statement up with proof. Likewise, it's not okay to accuse a person or company of being dishonest, committing fraud, etc.

D: No flames, personal attacks or contentious off-topic comments. You agree to not debate, argue or insult any American Muscle Car Club of Australia’s staff, club member, forum member or volunteer publicly or privately on this site at any time nor place links to other websites with defamatory content aimed at AMCCA. If you have an issue with someone, keep it out of the public arena. If this rule is breached then your account and privileges are revoked without hesitation. We have zero tolerance for insubordinate behaviour.

As a general rule, avoid repeating vague and unsubstantiated rumors about someone or some company. Stick to your experiences and your opinions, based on what you know not what you have heard on the grapevine.

Although names were not used it is clear enough for the moderator to then claim as he say’s (the Facebook mob) which I also personally find offensive as I use it as a form of communication which has been banned from this site.
The continued attack by certain people on this site should not be tolerated by ‘the committee’ otherwise they are seen to endorse them. As removal of the comment was not removed by moderator it was encouraged and further fuelled with ‘off the cuff’ comments to insite other members against them.
I will leave it to the committee to show the same treatment on this matter as other members have received in the past.

Remember ‘Zero Tolerance’

peterp

• Administrator
  • Speedster
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 02:24:45 PM »
I would like to remind the members who are complaining about my reference to the facebook mob.

I have screen captures of some rather personal attacks on the administrators and the club committee.

Yes zero tolerance should be the order of the day and if any other attacks are brought to my attention then I will retaliate by making sure that the members in question are banned from the AMCCA forum.

Its amazing how some of the members can dish up their crap but when something is done about it they are the 1st ones to cry woe is me.

peterp

Forfun

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 05:13:12 PM »
Its a shame really that it was directed at the "facebook mob" because the fact is its not about WHO it was directed at but that it was posted at all in the first place...the reaction would have been the same....you are issuing a threat...

have you forgotten the unsolicited "No worries srh, don't let the door hit you as you leave" comment made to an upstanding member of the club, because he dared to agree with something I said...and all he was asking was a little respect go both ways between ALL forum users..

Yes "The written word is very powerful and maybe you should think about what you are writing before you commit any words to a forum"

and as a matter of course there has been spamming on other forums as well and a post was made without the need for a threat issued...

perhaps this should have been a closed thread with the spam warning and nothing else, it didn't need to be left open for replies...

it is a shame that all replies are not deleted after a posting has been removed, would not leave it looking one-sided...

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333