Author Topic: Good reason to have proper insurance  (Read 7057 times)

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Good reason to have proper insurance
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2011, 05:03:11 PM »
Quote from: stanglover link=topic=4191.msg26373#msg26373

Then please explain why you need public liability?
I'm operating as a car hire business so why was I told by my current insurer that they cannot insure my car if I'm running a business out of it, and I also needed public liability.

I was more than happy with LSV, I was only paying $500, now that figure has tripled.

I don't need public liability insurance.

The reason you need it is because, as you said, you're operating a car hire business.  You are a registered business with an ABN.

I'm none of those things.  I just have a registered car that gets driven everyday and on the odd occasion used for a wedding or formal, maybe once or twice a year.

heven67

• Rally Licence
Good reason to have proper insurance
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 04:05:08 PM »
If your any bussiness you need public liability even if its manufacturing bra's and undies, so just cause its a car hire bussiness doesnt exclude you from paying insurance.
And if you thing that you can get away with doing and formal event...just wait till somthing goes wrong and as much as you tell them you will do it cheaper for cash when the poop hits the fan people will talk, and insurance companies will look for any avenue not to pay.
So I suppose in todays enviroment it doesnt pay to cheat, you will get caught eventually. lUvhEv
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333