Author Topic: RIPPED OFF  (Read 6807 times)

bezerk68

RIPPED OFF
« on: February 18, 2011, 07:44:47 AM »
i have been doing a little internet surfing of late, mainly ebay and have purchasedsome bits and pieces for the Camaro, some i understand are only available in the States and so they cost what they cost.
thought i would price some autometer guages just to get an idea if there was any price difference and was blown away.
4 electric 2 1/16" traditional guages inc freight cost $255aus. I have had a rocket industries account for years but havent used it since closing my shop so just called as a normal customer and got quoted $383 for the same 4 part numbers.
how in hell can there be $130 difference? we are getting ripped.:ripped:
ill be buying direct from the US from now on.

heven67

• Rally Licence
RIPPED OFF
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 09:42:33 AM »
I Think its called 'Conveinence' Its there you want it you go get it, if somthing is wrong who ya gunna call???? May as well be Ghost busters cause no one is gunna listen, at least from rocket you got someone to complain to and someone to report to fair trading. Its a risk you take for the conveinence of price.:logic:
LOtsaluvhev
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

Hemifish

RIPPED OFF
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »
:hesaid: If you bought your car here you would have paid $20,000 more:cry:

bezerk68

RIPPED OFF
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »
I guess, but its not like they deliver any quicker. ill get this stuff in 4-6 days. ive waited that long for stuff interstate here. But yeh if there is an issue with something it presents a problem. i guess if it was $50 difference i wouldnt be whinging.

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
RIPPED OFF
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:45:06 PM »
All good points guys there are a couple more points that mite help clear it up. When you buy a single item unless that item costs more than one thousand dollars you don;t pay any tax not so for the retailer they have to pay.
Then right know we have a very strong dollar so the gap seems to be huge a retailer on the other hand may have had that part in the shop since last year when our dollar was only around 65c then there's the light bills....,the advertising, the staff, the signage ......... well I think you get the picture. When you blow a power steering pump and the guy down the road has one on the shelf for $50 more than you can get it from the states are you going to park the car up and Waite for it to be shipped ( not every thing you buy from the US arrives in 4 or 5 days) some things can take weeks.

I guess what we are trying to say is as muscle car enthusiast we need guys like Ponti world , JACTUPBITTSPIECES ,and Sydney Mu$tang parts and they need our support.

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
RIPPED OFF
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 01:47:19 PM »
How do you think Graeme Cowin (owner of Rocket Ind.) could afford to spend $800,000 to build his King Kong Cuda?
You and I paid for it.
I have been biting the bullet for several years buying parts from them but like it has been said before it is convenient and 99% of times they have what you need on the shelves.

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
RIPPED OFF
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 08:10:48 PM »
.. I have a dream.....

... that in time.. all prices of every item manufactured in this world .. will be set by a governing body of "leaders"... no matter what country your in or at  what cost is incurred and paid by somebody to supply that item.

... that governments will ask for minimal and comfortable donations to its operation and they will be levied equally on each citizen ... around the globe... and that stocked stores and  actual manufacturing still existed  in my  homeland, with warehouses and distribution networks all costing the same globally .. which is zero.

.... I have a dream....... That  NO person is without employment.. no matter how menial or stressful.....that there is no greater or lesser reward for any worker at any level..... that  you'll do the job allocated, as there is no manufacturer outside of government now  & that  I  be thankful to the world government.... nor will you work longer or expel more energy then the next worker.. something we are thankful for.

.. that each worker will be paid the same amount.. no matter how "inventive" or a risk taker they HAD been to establish ideas that will help or employ others.... and that I didn't have to establish a base overseas because the local costs have just grown too high to operate & that it resulted in more loss of local abilities, employment... and that countless thousands of manufacturers left my country for the same reason....

.... I have a dream....     .... of being able  to pick up a book and turn pages.. written on paper with pictures... by authors without direction.... from places called "Book Shops...".. and of being able to pick an apple from a tree grown HERE..

...... I have a dream .... of being able to find people who know how to work on products.. how to alter or improve them.. and that they not just not appear at the collection Centre, all made the same & costing the same... made somewhere and finally ....

.... I have a dream....of being able to buy within my OWN country restoration car parts  so when I can eventually save enough for a Carbon Credit.. we can fire up my 20th century gasoline engine and show the kids what it was like.....

.. I HAD a dream...

GAS455

RIPPED OFF
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »
Tell him his dreaming!!!

bezerk68

RIPPED OFF
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 08:39:46 AM »

I have been biting the bullet for several years buying parts from them but like it has been said before it is convenient and 99% of times they have what you need on the shelves.
[/quote]

yes, i understand, but someone with the buying power of rocket should be able to have more competative pricing.

my rant is in no way aimed at speciallist suppliers who sponsor this club.

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
RIPPED OFF
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 11:38:46 AM »
Quote from: bezerk68 link=topic=4128.msg26018#msg26018

my rant is in no way aimed at speciallist suppliers who sponsor this club.

No problem my use of the sponsors was as an example only The point is they need to cover themselves because the taxes and the exchange rate will kill them off if we (the Aussie enthusiast) don't support them they won't be there when the dollar drops again.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333