Author Topic: i'll send an SMS (now with pics of booster)  (Read 4464 times)

Bumblebee

i'll send an SMS (now with pics of booster)
« on: August 08, 2010, 09:46:29 PM »
Just a big thank you to Chris Sinclair for doing a superb job on the car. He and Toby did a first class job on the list of stuff I gave them, stopped a couple of niggling issues and have made the engine just as smooth as silk.  Finally, I ordered a Hydratech hydrobooster and master cylinder to upgrade the underpowered vacuum booster I have.  They did a fantastic job, never having seen this unit before and got the entire system hooked up to the power steering pump and the brakes are just so powerful now (never could understand why the original 4 piston, vented GT brakes couldn't pull the car up).

And I had to ask Chris to check the bill because I thought he must have forgotten to include everything, what a pleasant relief!!!

Thank you guys at SMS, just came back from the Potter's weekend and it was as smooth as silk.

cpu

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 04:17:01 PM »
So Bee, compared to the vacuum booster, is the hydraulic unit as thick?  i.e. does the master cylinder sit any further forward than before?

Bumblebee

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 05:40:51 PM »
It actually sits a little further back, but it's not apples for apples.  The old booster was a single diaghram but had about a three inch wedge holding it away from the firewall, and the new MC was specifically chosen by Hydratech to ensure it was short enough to clear the shock tower.  If you visit their site and look at the galleries, they have hundreds of shots of stock and modified set ups and kits pre-packaged for cars with all lines, hoses, brackets and fittings. I didn't fit it up but there was a multi page step by step guide to every single nut and bolt that needded to be touched to do the job on my car.  They have a lot of GM kits as well asnd some great magazine write ups.   They'll ask for picks of your current rack fittings, pump etc etc so that what is shipped actual bolts straight up (as best as possible).

http://www.hydratechbraking.com/

Very happy with the result. :hangloose:

cpu

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 05:46:29 PM »
Thanks

I'll check it out.

heven67

• Rally Licence
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 06:51:27 PM »
Am I allowed to ask how much was it?
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

Bumblebee

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 08:29:46 PM »
No you're not! You'll need the secret hand shake, a bottle of jack daniels and a quick wedge in the pocket at the next event.  I'll then pass you the envelope, after which you'll need to eat the evidence!

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333