Author Topic: March 28th Sun Picnic at Warragamba Dam Now with pictures  (Read 7294 times)

WOTSA442

March 28th Sun Picnic at Warragamba Dam Now with pictures
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2010, 12:18:34 AM »
Quote from: sms777 link=topic=2891.msg17947#msg17947
Good call WOTSA,
I would like to know the route also since some of the roads out there not exactly user friendly to my likes.

They're getting better, but Wollondilly Shire roads are pretty ordinary which is a shame because it is a nice part of the world to cruise around. A good route would be to go from Prestons all the way through Camden via Camden Valley to Cawdor, turn right onto Burragorang Rd through Mt Hunter to The Oaks, hang a left onto John St (Oaks main drag) which becomes Montpelier Drive, follow it to the end (Mowbray Park), turn right and keep going to the end at Oakdale when you're back on B'Gorang Rd, hang a right and keep going back to The Oaks, turn left at Silverdale Rd and follow it 20ks to the Dam. Roads aren't that bad. That Oaks, Mowbray Park, Oakdale, Oaks loop is one I do most weekends. A few good straights to get those back 2 barrels wet and some nice corners.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2010, 12:37:20 AM »
Quote from: cpu link=topic=2891.msg17855#msg17855
Who ever goes, don't forget your trusty camera. :smile:

Or your crusty tamera.:huh:

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2010, 06:02:40 AM »
Nice and easy,straight up through Bringelly Rd,then Right onto the Northern Rd then left at Park Rd (Showground )down to Wallacia then left to Warragamba.

Everyone thats attending watch your speed up the Hill where it is two lanes once you leave Wallacia.:smile:

Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2010, 05:18:45 PM »
Hi everyone,
Paul Clarke (parion) will be going up early and grabbing a spot for the club on Sunday,As I have to go away tomm night after work & wont be able to make it.

There are two picnic spots one old one new neither can be booked and its first in first served hense Paul going up for us.

Thanks Paul.

Have a great day.

Cheers
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

WOTSA442

« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2010, 08:50:19 PM »
Quote from: Muzzy 66 link=topic=2891.msg17955#msg17955
Nice and easy,straight up through Bringelly Rd,then Right onto the Northern Rd then left at Park Rd (Showground )down to Wallacia then left to Warragamba.

Everyone thats attending watch your speed up the Hill where it is two lanes once you leave Wallacia.:smile:

Yep..60 all the way from Wallacia and there have been plenty of cops about.
Coming from the south I won't hook up on the road but I'll see you there around 11.30ish.
I'll be the one in the orange Oldsmobile..:shades:

Steve

• Speedster
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 09:34:11 PM »
all being well will be there on sunday ,however will travel from Wollongong via the old northern road !

her69

• Committee
  • Rally Licence
  • Club President
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2010, 07:41:21 PM »

Mal & I will be going to the picnic, have just got back from Tassie & looking forward to catching up with whoever goes.:smile::smile::smile:
We will be going straight to the Dam. See you there.

Cheers Maureen

WOTSA442

« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2010, 08:16:22 PM »
Quote from: her69 link=topic=2891.msg18000#msg18000

Mal & I will be going to the picnic, have just got back from Tassie & looking forward to catching up with whoever goes.:smile::smile::smile:
We will be going straight to the Dam. See you there.

Cheers Maureen

Maureen,
Looking fwd to catching up. I have seen your car and another Mustang on the road before. Followed you both from Bowral and you pulled up for gas near McDonalds at Mittagong. We were in a pale yellow 67 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible....a few months ago now.
Also...I am Tassie's No 1 fan so looking fwd to hearing about the trip. I was down there last April & January 08 & Dec 07.
Cheers
Col

68PONY

« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2010, 09:01:39 PM »
Sorry guys can't make it , i'm going to the westpac helicopter rescue open day at la'perouse 68pony will be on display, check out the daily telegraph best weekend for more details.
http://www.lifesaver.org.au/documents/OpenDayFlyerPDF.pdf

cpu

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2010, 08:38:51 PM »
So how was it, any pictures for the website gallery? :smile:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333