Author Topic: March 28th Sun Picnic at Warragamba Dam Now with pictures  (Read 7295 times)

mattlea1

March 28th Sun Picnic at Warragamba Dam Now with pictures
« on: February 01, 2010, 09:48:23 PM »
Sunday 28th March

Picnic at Warragamba Dam,  Meeting at Preston Mc Donalds, Camden Valley Way & M7 @ 10am for a 1015 take off.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:00:57 PM »
:hello: everyone. This picnic day is on this Sunday at Warragamba Dam it was organised by the ex Events committee members unfortunately they are unable to make it to this event & as I have a prior engagement I cannot make it either to organise the picnic spot or attend the day. Luke emailed me & suggested
 ( Best if people just meet up at maccas at 10 or the dam at 11 and everything else will be fine.)
 Please come back & let me know if anyone is going or we can just cancel  the day until we can properly organise a picnic day.
   :seeya: Garry :spaghetti::drink:
Past And Present Cars

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2010, 05:25:02 PM »
Garry as discussed in the email last night (mon) I said I wasnt sure if I would be able to attend, but we have asked some other members if they could go up,and grab a spot so all bases are covered,Liz may even be available to go up.

I understand you also had an email from Dave confirming that someone will be there to "mind" us a spot.

Unsure what you mean by doing a picnic properly,a rug, a chook, salads, some drinks, good weather and great people is all that is needed for a great day.  

If you would prefer to cancel it feel free.
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:50 PM »
Hi Luke.
   What I meant buy putting a picnic day on properly is to make sure we had someone to secure a spot for the club instead of just hoping someone would get there & all the places taken, I would go myself but I have other plans I am quite happy for it to go ahead as you guys  took the time to go & have a look at the dam & made a decision to put the event on. My concern is the club members will get there & no where to park & no one organising the day so if you know someone is going thats great just post there name & everyone will know who to look out for.
:seeya: Garry :spaghetti::drink:
Past And Present Cars

cpu

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2010, 06:30:38 PM »
Who ever goes, don't forget your trusty camera. :smile:

RIVIERA

• Speedster
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2010, 06:22:54 PM »
As Doctor Chris has again helped me out with a new Tail shaft and the car is hopefully back to the way it should be we are looking forward to a short squirt along the expressway on our way to the picnic (weather permitting) Will see you at the start.

John:fingers:

59tank

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 07:35:21 PM »
:coffee:Hi all,
Weather permitting I will be there. I have been away for the past 2 weeks and I have missed taking the old tank for a run. :bow::fingers::bow::drink::drink:

srh

• P Plater
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 10:20:36 PM »
Mags & I should be there as long as the weathers ok
>>>

WOTSA442

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 10:21:08 PM »
Weather forecast for Sunday is cloudy & 29deg (Sydney). Will be a bit warmer at Warragamba.
Which way will you be coming out from Prestons, ie via Bringelly & Wallacia or out further through Cobbity & up to Werombi then back through Silverdale?
I wouldn't mind catching up to say g'day & take the Olds out on it's first run (sprung a coolant leak last weekend & got new inlet manifolds today).
I'm just 15 mins south of the Dam and if you do the loop via Werombi Rd to Silverdale Rd I could hook up down in Cobbity or somewhere close by.
Cheers

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 11:20:18 PM »
Good call WOTSA,
I would like to know the route also since some of the roads out there not exactly user friendly to my likes.

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333