Author Topic: Mustang stock car unveiled for NASCAR Nationwide Series  (Read 6506 times)

cpu

Mustang stock car unveiled for NASCAR Nationwide Series
« on: October 15, 2009, 11:24:18 PM »
[align=center]

[/align]

Hold on to your butts, people. Ford Racing and Roush Fenway Racing have unveiled their new stock car based on the poniest of pony cars. Prior to this, Ford teams in NASCAR have driven Fusions. Well, all right, none of them were actual Fusions or will be actual Mustangs. Rather, they'll be normal stock cars like everyone else in NASCAR drives that are covered with enough stickers and fake grilles to make you think that you might be looking at a Mustang from the stands. Man, "stock car" has really become a contradiction in terms.

Now you won't see Mustangs turning left next week in Charlotte at Lowe's Motor Speedway. The new car will compete in four races next year and only in the Nationwide Series, not the Sprint Cup. As such, it won't be based on the Car of Tomorrow platform that the Sprint Cup series uses, but rather the newer, different Car of Tomorrow platform designed specifically for the Nationwide Series. This first new Mustang to race in the Nationwide Series will be the No. 16 Con-way Freight Mustang driven by Colin Braun for Roush Fenway Racing. Is it enough to make us love NASCAR? Not quite, but if we had to race a bathtub on wheels, we'd pick this one. ;17

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2009, 11:34:03 PM »
That's a big tyre they run on the front

GTA390

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 11:47:22 PM »
I'm not right up on how they set up for oval racing but it sure looks like a lot of negative camber.
David.

Steve

• Speedster
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 09:02:48 PM »
Originally posted by GTA390
I'm not right up on how they set up for oval racing but it sure looks like a lot of negative camber.
David.

actually that left front looks like a lot of positive camber ! seeing as they are on a bank turning left all the time its a great way to set the car up

usa383

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 10:04:15 PM »
Ambrose would be deadly in that car:)

GTA390

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 11:20:48 PM »
Originally posted by ausmonza
David.

actually that left front looks like a lot of positive camber ! seeing as they are on a bank turning left all the time its a great way to set the car up  

Thats actually negative camber, postive is pulling the top in like you would set up most cars.

usa383

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 11:42:47 PM »
David.

Thats actually negative camber, postive is pulling the top in like you would set up most cars.

;15

cpu

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 12:52:16 AM »
Originally posted by usa383
Ambrose would be deadly in that car:)

What, just in that car?........  He's deady alright, deadly sh*t scared everytime someone gets up his clacker and then "oopps, I made a mistake"  ;16

Take out the rear view mirror and he might actually get there one day ;17

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 07:24:51 AM »
David.

I'm with you, Steve.
 http://www.familycar.com/alignment.htm

Camber is the angle of the wheel, measured in degrees, when viewed from the front of the vehicle. If the top of the wheel is leaning out from the center of the car, then the camber is positive ,if it's leaning in, then the camber is negative. If the camber is out of adjustment, it will cause tire wear on one side of the tire's tread. If the camber is too far negative, for instance, then the tire will wear on the inside of the tread.

GTA390

« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2009, 06:12:22 PM »
Damn that i was positive it was negative, seems i was negative about it being postive.;x;x

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333