Author Topic: Time gets away and the miles add up...  (Read 4302 times)

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Time gets away and the miles add up...
« on: March 19, 2013, 10:11:56 AM »
Today (19 March) is the 11th anniversary of my ownership of the barge.  When I bought it in 2002, it had led a fairly sedate life, having travelled only 99,500 miles in 30 years.  That all changed on the 19th of March 2002, when I picked it up from the TNT depot and started beating on it mercilessly.

Yesterday, it ticked over 279,500 miles, meaning I've travelled 180,000 miles in the time I've owned it.

Things aren't getting any easier for the ragtop, as I'm driving it to Wagga Wagga and Narrandera over easter.  I'm also planning trips to Albury and Adelaide later in the year - plus whatever else I can think up...

:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:   

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Re: Time gets away and the miles add up...
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 11:41:49 PM »
I envy your lifestyle Chris.....cruising the boulevards at nights, the roof down, hair blowing in the winds, picking up chicks at every corner, drive anywhere whenever you feel like.....not like us married hard working blokes never have time for nothing. I got some much dust on my Mopar, I need a bobcat to remove it. 
Take my advice......GET A JOB!..... :bats:.... :bolt:   

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Re: Time gets away and the miles add up...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 12:19:31 PM »
I envy your lifestyle Chris.....cruising the boulevards at nights, the roof down, drive anywhere whenever you feel like.....not like us married hard working blokes. I got some much dust on my Mopar, I need a bobcat to remove it. 
Take my advice......GET A JOB!..... :bats:.... :bolt:   

Step 1: get a car that you can actually drive around. :burnout:

Step 2: (I'm only speaking for myself here) I used be married :zip:, did 20 years :banghead:, decided  to fix that. :cheers:

Step 3: I do go to work.  I made a tv commercial with Pat Rafter last week.  My good friend Pat and I were in agreement that the catering on the day :spaghetti: was sensational... 

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333