Author Topic: Something you don't see every day, SNOW!  (Read 4313 times)

Hammer

Something you don't see every day, SNOW!
« on: February 10, 2011, 04:21:38 PM »
I know you are having a very wet summer this year and I hope you don't mind if I show you what we have here in the U.S.A.  

This is my driveway........today

That's two soda cans in the picture.  It's -11 C today and 61cm of the white stuff (snow).  In the U.S. we have to drive on this stuff and it can be fun or dangerous depending on the day.  Most here have 4 wheel drive vehicles to get through this type of weather.  

We have a rodent (a Groundhog called Punxsutawney Phil) that they say if he see's his shadow there will be six more weeks of winter.  However, this year he didn't see his shadow so there will be an early spring.  Read about it here.....http://www.punxsutawney.com/  His accuracy rate is only 39%...LOL  But it's a tradition.    

I am just wondering how many of you out there have actually seen snow, had snowball fights, or even made a few snowman?  Kind of fun to get to know people and keep in mind I am a newbee here so please don't throw any yellow snow at me.  

77CVT

• P Plater
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »
I love snowball fights and skiing!!!!!  

We get nothing like that though.

Hammer

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 04:48:25 PM »
Quote from: 77CVT link=topic=4108.msg25781#msg25781
I love snowball fights and skiing!!!!!  

We get nothing like that though.

This snow is normal for us.....  But my boot doesn't like skiing.  LOL  

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 08:52:41 PM »
Mike the guys at AGTA are really coping some snow and Ice the pics they post are so "cool" I just thought I would ad them to your post.

[align=center]

This pic is ice build up against the garage door

Hammer is one of lucky ones he has a u bute snow blower some others have to use a shovel

[/align]

Hammer

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2011, 03:50:44 PM »
Joe you can add to my posts anytime and take it any direction.  You know me well.  I like to have fun and keep up the good spirits.  

Thanks for posting those pic's!  I enjoy them.  And we do call for "All Skate" when the cars are on the road with that type of ICE.  LOL  

Were getting snow while you guys are getting
:rain:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333