Author Topic: Brant Corp - alarms  (Read 3906 times)

GT SALLY

Brant Corp - alarms
« on: October 11, 2010, 08:08:12 PM »
Has anyone had after sales service experience (faults) with Brants at Fivedock Syd recently? I would like some feedback, + & -, pls

LeighP

• Rally Licence
Brant Corp - alarms
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 09:29:10 PM »
I've had two cars fitted with Brandt Immobilisers, never had any problem so I can't help on the feedback....but they were good things, easy to live with, passive arming etc...never noticed them normally.
Hope you don't have any problem with them, Shannon's seem to like recommending them.  
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

GT SALLY

Brant Corp - alarms
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:08:12 PM »
Thanks Leigh, I have a PGM3 with Satrac fitted to my "other car-yes, a GM-H". Satrac not active but Brants seam to think its the Satrac that is activating the fuel cutout, no power to the pump. Brants installed both systems in Nov 2004 when my son owned the car, it was off the road for nearly 4 years before I reregistered it early this year....Service call was $185 to tell me I had a problem, NRMA told me that for free & towed me home, for free!!!

stingray

• P Plater
Brant Corp - alarms
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 08:19:49 AM »
I have 2 immobilisers in my vette, one is a Brandt which Shannons wanted before they would insure the car, twice now in 9 years I had a problem that one of the alarms would not activate to start the car, so I disconnected the car battery for a few seconds and then reconnected again, the alarms reset themselves straight away and the car started with no problems, Alan

GT SALLY

Brant Corp - alarms
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2010, 05:29:37 PM »
Quote from: stingray link=topic=3713.msg23533#msg23533
I have 2 immobilisers in my vette, one is a Brandt which Shannons wanted before they would insure the car, twice now in 9 years I had a problem that one of the alarms would not activate to start the car, so I disconnected the car battery for a few seconds and then reconnected again, the alarms reset themselves straight away and the car started with no problems, Alan

Yes Alan, been down that path when we initially reregistered the car, yes doing that did reset the alarm. According to Brants techo, the Satrac battery may have expired. Thanks for your input, at the moment I can't drive it anyway due to surgery (on me that is).

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333