Author Topic: Insurance companies to use  (Read 3478 times)

Steve

• Speedster
Insurance companies to use
« on: December 27, 2017, 04:07:40 PM »
Moving back to NSW from Victoria,therefore I am looking at refreshing my insurance for classic cars

I am also looking at road service options

Do any of the classic insurance companies offer breakdown service apart from NRMA classic ? I believe NRMA classic does but you must be 100 kilometers from home for it to be used

appreciate any help :)

70SS

• Rally Licence
Re: Insurance companies to use
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 03:59:12 PM »
Hi Steve,

Not sure about other policies inclusive of road service HOWEVER RAA South Australia (SA's equivalent of NRMA) offer road service coverage comparative to NRMA but they cover the INDIVIDUAL not the car (ie: you are buying coverage for any vehicle that you may be driving on any given day, irrespective of whether it is you car or not) and you only need one membership if you own multiple cars. The coverage is available to any person residing in any State of Australia and prices and levels of cover are comparative to NRMA. I am a member of 3 other car clubs and apparently the take-up by members in the other Clubs has been huge. Google RAA SA & / or call them.......  I have also mentioned this a couple of times at AMCCA meetings in the past.

Cheers,

Garth

Steve

• Speedster
Re: Insurance companies to use
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 02:50:19 PM »
Thanks Garth,I decided to stay with RACV as like the SA system it covers me and any vehicle I happen to be in, not the vehicle, NRMA loss as it also means staying with RACV i cannot insure with NRMA classic
For Insurance I am leaning towards Ryno at the moment

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333