Author Topic: Car enthusiast parties - Election  (Read 4818 times)

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Car enthusiast parties - Election
« on: August 09, 2013, 10:47:10 PM »
Just making members aware that there are a couple of car enthusiast Parties fighting for us in the election coming up.

We have one of our members in the club fighting for the 'Australian Motorist Party'  http://nsw.amp.org.au/

and there is also another great Party the 'Australian Motoring Enthusiast Party'  http://www.australianmotoringenthusiastparty.org.au/ .
 I went to the inaugural meeting for the NSW chapter at Eastern Creek the other night.

I highly recommend everybody thinks about supporting one of these Motoring Enthusiast Parties, they are fighting for things like :
- Better Roads
- fairer modifications
- Driver Education  in schools
- regulated fuel prices

If you are thinking about supporting one of these Parties do it very soon, because its not long before the election, they need numbers and they need to prepare as quick as possible, SO JOIN UP NOW!!!!
This could make a big difference to our hobby!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Steve

• Speedster
Re: Car enthusiast parties - Election
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 10:54:36 PM »
have looked into them and asked the question ,where do preferences lie with these parties ??,as we are all aware in this stupid voting system we have your vote gets counted more than 1 time :(

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 03:42:35 PM »
Ive been told that preperences will not go to Liberal or Labour! or the Greens!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

LeighP

• Rally Licence
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 02:02:18 PM »
If true, that'd win them some support.
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

denis

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2013, 08:02:11 PM »
Hi, As a member of the AMCC ,,,,and guest speaker for the Australian Motorist Party at a recent meeting I can explain the question ,, quite often posed regarding prefferences,, ." YOU,",, the voter makes the decision on prefference .  Far be it for me to tell you,, how to vote,, " Its your decision"  It's a misconception, ,, " You " make the decision.  We at the Australian Motorist Party will  ask you to vote us NO 1,,,,  but then " YOU" decide who you want at No 2,, 3,, 4 etc. Don't take any notice of what some Party's want you to do,, you do what you want..... .Most people don't understand that. They hand out ,," How to vote forms"  but "you" do what you want.
It's interesting to note, that ,all of a sudden we have two political party's wanting you to vote for them at the next Federal election in a few weeks time.  One ,, The Motorist Appreciation Party, and The Nationals, which are part of the Libs / Nationals
My advice is to look at what they stand for and make up your own mind..
I hope that information clears up some things.
Cheers
Denis Walford

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2013, 09:58:02 PM »
Thanks for your input Denis and welcome to the forum.

denis

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:25:58 PM »
Thank's for the welcome Joe,,  I must point out, the Australian Motorist Party, is preparing for the next NSW State Election., in 18 months time,  not the Federal  election in a few weeks time. We believe the issues for motorists like roads, driver education, maitinence, tolls, fines,  camera's   etc are all State issues. But it's good to see the car lovers are getting noticed, ,, its long overdue!
Cheers
Denis Walford

ccrc

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 07:58:02 PM »
Well done Denis

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333