Author Topic: July Car of the Month  (Read 4457 times)

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
July Car of the Month
« on: July 01, 2010, 12:52:08 PM »
[size=20]
[align=center]AMCCA Member Car of the Month July
Mark Lambs 1970 Plymouth Barracuda.
[/b] [/align] [/size]

[align=center]1• What Year and Model is your car? How many miles?
1970 Plymouth Barracuda.  Car has done approximately 235,000 miles in its life but under 5000 miles since a full restoration was completed in 2008.

2• what was it that made you choose that model?
 ‘Cuda’s and Barracuda’s represent all that is cool and desirable about 70’s muscle cars and are the perfect car to fly the MOPAR-muscle flag!.

3• How long have you owned your car?
 I bought the car in 2005 and completed its restoration in 2008.  Apart from the dealer that imported the car, it was a one-owner car in California for 34 years..

4• Where and how did you find your car?
 I was on a shopping trip in Melbourne looking at Challengers and Mustangs for sale by three different importers.  Just as I was about to depart for the airport I was asked whether I would like to look at a Barracuda that they had in the workshop.  I literally had minutes to check it out so organized for a vehicle inspection to be carried out, weighed up the costs of restoration (which I got drastically wrong!) and decided to buy it.

5• Is your car stock, restored, modified, or in between? If restored, tell us about the restoration. If modified, what mods have been done?
 The Barracuda is fully restored but has been modified to represent a higher-specification car.  It was a base-model 318 but I converted it to a 383 with a driveline to match, and added some trim features such as the Cuda hood, rear wing and badging/stickers.  Aim was to keep it as factory correct as possible without spending another small fortune on top of the large fortune it was costing just to restore it in the first place.  The car represents a 1 of 464, 383-4bbl Barracuda which are rare as most buyers would have upgraded to the Cuda when looking for a big-block car.  Recently I have added the period-correct Keystone Klassics wheel with some wider tyres to try and give it more of a day-2 street-machine look.

6• Do you have any future plans for your car?
Converting the car to a Hemi Cuda is always in the back of my mind because everyone wants a Hemi!.

7• Do you attend shows/events/races with your car?
 Are you a member of any other clubs?

Car has seen quite a few shows in the 3 years it has been on the road and the odd cruise around Sydney.

8• How many miles a year do you put on your car?
 Not sure really but probably in the range of 1200-1500 Ks per year, which includes the annual run to Albury.

9• Have you won anything with your car you’re especially proud of?
Car has won a Top-Ten place at Chryslers on the Murray three years in a row and First Places at NSW All Chrysler Day and All American Day for the last two years.

10• What’s your fondest memory in/with your car?
 The first win at Albury was a buzz – I thought I had done a nice job but you never know until the judges give it the tick of approval.[/align]

[align=center]
You can check out Marks ride on his members page.

http://americanmusclecarsaustralia.com/memberscars/mark70/1.htm
[/align]

LeighP

• Rally Licence
July Car of the Month
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:13:26 PM »
Wow, very nice....first time I've seen the car completed......looks way better than the pics of it when you started. Well done, Mark! :fantastic:

Its Leigh here....from QF Ops.
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

cpu

July Car of the Month
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 09:55:30 PM »
Nice Ride :way:

SUTPO

July Car of the Month
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2010, 08:03:51 AM »
Great to see another MOPAR in the club :fantastic: Car

Mark go for a HEMI you wont be sorry

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
July Car of the Month
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2010, 11:21:10 AM »
Quote from: SUTPO link=topic=3416.msg20744#msg20744
Great to see another MOPAR in the club :fantastic: Car

Mark go for a HEMI you wont be sorry

Neither will the oil refineries! :lol::lol:

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
July Car of the Month
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2010, 04:49:59 PM »
mmmmmmm...I like!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
July Car of the Month
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2010, 09:15:41 AM »
If you want to see your car here as car of the Month here's what I need to have just  three simple things.

(1) You must be a financial member of AMCCA

(2) You must have your car in the Members section of the web site (here's a link so you can check your car is there) http://americanmusclecarsaustralia.com/rides.htm

(3) you must answer the following questions and send them to me at
vicepresident@americanmusclecarsaustralia.com

AMCCA Member Car of the Month

1• What Year and Model is your car? How many miles?

2• What was it that made you choose that model?

3• How long have you owned your car?

4• Where and how did you find your car?

5• Is your car stock, restored, modified, or in between? If restored, tell us about the restoration. If modified, what mods have been done?

6• Do you have any future plans for your car?

7• Do you attend shows/events/races with your car? Are you a member of any other clubs?

8• How many miles a year do you put on your car?

9• Have you won anything with your car you’re especially proud of?

10• What’s your fondest memory in/with your car?

That's all there is to it if you have any trouble just call and I will be glad to help out.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333