Author Topic: Olympic Park V8 Supercars  (Read 5240 times)

GT SALLY

Olympic Park V8 Supercars
« on: December 05, 2009, 04:44:35 PM »
Never been a fan of Skafe, but he has certainly designed this track 4 the spectator, not the drivers I'm sure. Race 1 not over yet, can't wait 4 tomorrow!

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 12:17:44 AM »
For the spectator's.....Having been there unsure about that.

Being one that loved sitting at the start of Orans straight watching the flip flop,or on the sweeper at Amaroo.

My sister in law who has never been to a race before thought it was tops,Liz who has been to the Creek and Bathurst prefered the circuits over street.

For me having been to Clipsal and Indy and Ill use as a comparisson just General Admission Tickets as we had today so basically just walking no grand stand seating,Sydney was the same as the rest,Unless you have a milk crate and are happy with seeing the cars travel a 25metre area then street circuits are for you..

Sydney next year will be better,There was heaps of fencing that had advertising on then wich hampered the spectators viewing,generally inside the track looking out opposite the grand stands,Along pit straight,in the Dick Smith Chicane,etc etc...The best viweing we had was down the back near Acer we where on level 1 of the carpark,That worked well.

Talking to people in the bus on the way home there where a few seasoned race goers,mainly Bathurst and Indy and they said they wouldnt go back,They paid $205 for middle of the range seating and the stands where not much chop,from there perspective.Only a small viewing area,similar to what I found on the ground I guess.

The big thing it has in its favour is the room to move.

Indy is like a line of ants walking past each other on the footpath.

Sydney has oodles of room so getting around wasnt too bad.

The atmosphere was very good,heaps of kids about,no one yelling at the girls to get there gear off,Indy has that covered.No drunken bums carrying on.

Cold Chisel can still kick it.
Living End where not too shabby.
The other bands well they need someone doing sign language for them cause be buggered if any of us could understand them.

For the $70 for a day at the races,free travel,and a Concert it was worth it & the XXXX Girls and Jim Beam girls.

We got there about 1ish watched the Fujitsu round walked the shopping alley then  the main game then the concert,that was enough,onto the bus and home withing 50 mins.

In the Fujitsu race apparently 21 started and 13 finished,thats another thing that nearly everyone on the bongo bus was saying it needs to be wider.

Would I go back,probably then Ill give it a miss for a year then go again.

Give us back Oran or Amaroo any day :smile:

Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

Steve

• Speedster
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 01:01:59 AM »
Quote from: Muzzy 66 link=topic=2658.msg14605#msg14605

Give us back Oran or Amaroo any day :smile:

that would be great a place where you can watch all of the action ........not going to happen though :(

your sig kind of gives it away

Growing old is inevitable..........you remember when you could see the races ..bet you remember Castlereagh as well .....drive on to the hill lean against your car and watch the racing !

GT SALLY

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 06:36:01 AM »
Quote from: GT SALLY link=topic=2658.msg14600#msg14600
Never been a fan of Skafe, but he has certainly designed this track 4 the spectator, not the drivers I'm sure. Race 1 not over yet, can't wait 4 tomorrow!

Sorry, I meant the lounge chair spectator!

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 07:26:24 AM »
Quote from: GT SALLY link=topic=2658.msg14607#msg14607

There is 15 minutes of chicken pecking ill never get back..:ban:
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

GTA390

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 07:44:24 AM »
I'm with Luke on this one, i was there yesterday aswell.
Even the corporate areas were very limited for viewing. As said it is the downside to street racing.
Don't know if i would say Skaife designed a great track, to narrow in parts, but it's not he's fault he didnt have a lot to work with.
But as Luke said no morons and well run for a first event, i think they are targeting family to go and i walked around and saw a lot of mum/dad and the kids, these people didn't look lice race fans but were experiencing a good day out for the money.
David.

ps, i am glad Ford one the championship, might be the last one for a while.

GT SALLY

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 11:54:58 AM »
Quote from: Muzzy 66 link=topic=2658.msg14608#msg14608
Quote from: GT SALLY link=topic=2658.msg14607#msg14607

There is 15 minutes of chicken pecking ill never get back..:ban:

I know I don't experience the atmosphere at home, but if I miss something on the way to the fridge, there's plenty of replays!!!!

77CVT

• P Plater
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 10:13:04 AM »
Quote from: Muzzy 66 link=topic=2658.msg14605#msg14605

For me having been to Clipsal and Indy and Ill use as a comparisson just General Admission Tickets as we had today so basically just walking no grand stand seating,Sydney was the same as the rest,Unless you have a milk crate and are happy with seeing the cars travel a 25metre area then street circuits are for you..

Sydney next year will be better,There was heaps of fencing that had advertising on then wich hampered the spectators viewing,generally inside the track looking out opposite the grand stands,Along pit straight,in the Dick Smith Chicane,etc etc...The best viweing we had was down the back near Acer we where on level 1 of the carpark,That worked well.

Talking to people in the bus on the way home there where a few seasoned race goers,mainly Bathurst and Indy and they said they wouldnt go back,They paid $205 for middle of the range seating and the stands where not much chop,from there perspective.Only a small viewing area,similar to what I found on the ground I guess.

The big thing it has in its favour is the room to move.

Indy is like a line of ants walking past each other on the footpath.

Sydney has oodles of room so getting around wasnt too bad.

The atmosphere was very good,heaps of kids about,no one yelling at the girls to get there gear off,Indy has that covered.No drunken bums carrying on.

Cold Chisel can still kick it.
Living End where not too shabby.
The other bands well they need someone doing sign language for them cause be buggered if any of us could understand them.

For the $70 for a day at the races,free travel,and a Concert it was worth it & the XXXX Girls and Jim Beam girls.

:hesaid:

Needed the big screens in the right places and some PA system in some parts.  Room for lots of improvement!  I'd give it a 6 out of 10.

Transport to and from was impressive.  Straight onto a train then a bus after the concert with 1000's of people doing the same.   - 10/10  If that was Brisbane I'd still be waiting now!

Concert was awesome.  Coordination was a bit stupid though.  They wouldn't let people jump the fence into the mosh pit because they had the wrong wristband on,  but then gave out wristbands on the side gates!

:drink:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333