Author Topic: proud moment  (Read 3831 times)

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
proud moment
« on: January 04, 2018, 11:30:08 AM »
my Pontiac was having some air ducting issues, where the fan was not pushing the air to the face level vents, but was pushing to the windscreen and feet ok.

It took a little digging, but after only 1/2 a day, I got everything working as it should be.
I know it was something simple but I got a real kick out of being able to make things right.

:smile:

Thank you Chris for moral support. Sometimes, what appears to be a mountain, turns out to be a mole hill...

silverz

• Speedster
Re: proud moment
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 11:37:51 AM »
Well done Peter! Now, about my aircon temperature selector . . . ?
 :logic: :rtfm: ???

Zoltan

• Speedster
  • Welcome
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 09:31:17 PM »
Bob, not sure if your setup is the same as mine, but happy to look at it for you.
My car has the heat/cool dial that is connected to a very long metal arm which then controls a circular wheel which opens or closes the heater tap. At one point, I had to tighten the screw on this wheel to get it to close properly (I think it must have come loose at some point) -so, at the moment, everything seems to work (finally!!)

Drop in some time and I can take a look.

silverz

• Speedster
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 03:23:05 PM »
Now you know how simple it is to work on the airbox without pulling the dash; all you need is the patience of a saint, 4 elbows in each arm and a trained rat with opposable thumbs. Marty (the Cadillac guy) at Lucas Heights Auto Electrical got mine sorted to 40’C heat and a respectable 14’C full cold at vents. Problem is he advised the airbox and flapper were butchered during the RH steering changeover. Any attempt to rerig the selector temp control allows the flapper to creep off the seat bleeding in hot air. Simple answer was to position the knob at 2 o’clock position to get full cold. Thanks again for the offer Peter and we’ll see how it goes cruising the Great Ocean Road in a few weeks.
Cheers, Bob.
 :way: :bow: :burnout:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333