Author Topic: New Chrysler 300C  (Read 3632 times)

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
New Chrysler 300C
« on: July 22, 2012, 07:03:48 PM »
First drive this afternoon...  Simply.. yes I like it.. .. Would I buy one.. .. NO not yet...

Had the opportunity to.... as I specifically requested..... take an all  new 2012 V6 Chrysler 300C out for a careful spin..- don't need the V8 for a daily driver but do need the best seat softness & it to be a  heated seat etc.etc.

Comparing its driving comfort and features.. the new one... its MILES ahead of the 2005 300C sedan.... which I use as a LPG equipped daily driver..(& love it)...  the new version.. smoother (ie new).. 8 speed auto box.. 210 hp V6 or optional 340hp  6.4 litre Hemi V8 (only one V8 now available .. ie all or nothing!).  A turbo V6 Diesel is also available for another $6000.  The six I drove was $around $54,000.
   Neat features like the illuminated T-bar gear shift.. moves around 25mm.. and lights up on the top of the knob to show what gear your in.... gone are the linkages and cable days...    In the console.. the cup holders are heated or refrigerated  

The Seats.. Chrysler is SUPER comfortable.. and they don't let you down.. Electric 6 ways.. heated.. and Cooled.. ie blows a gentle flow of air up through the pin point leather covering..   Steering wheel is thicker and nicer then the 2005 I drive.
   Rear seat  passengers also have side airbags, armrest console with connectivity ports, drink holders.. and have heated outbound seating too..  and if its too hot or sick of headlamps.... an electric inbuilt blind rolls up from the rear parcel shelf.
   Outside.. Keyless on approach entry.. keyless start and stop..just carry the censor in your pocket etc..   Reversing camera's show whats behind on a huge in dash screen.. capable of also playing your DVD..via plugging in your memory device into CONSOLE USB port.  The Dash mounted CD player copies to its memory.. &  stores scores of CD's recording... no more CD limits.... and of course .. the bluetooth now is pretty normal.

Driving features inc an "adaptive cruise control collision warning system in case somebody or something in front decelerates or appears etc..it automatically adjusts your speed to a safe distance for speed etc.. Its so sure footed.. nice to drive in.. would have liked to properly drive it overnight etc.. but no go.

Styling in the flesh.. it has some neat little  character features carried over from the 50's..   tail lamp design .. generally the body is nice.. but it could also be an Audi.. or BMW maybe..   Certainly going to give the best Fords, Statesman & similar Merc's a run for their money.. $54,000 drive way.. LOADED.. ..
..... but it did not give me the " love at first sight " styling Chrysler started with successfully in 2005.. .. not for the buyer who likes the resto cruiser look.. but .. they are not all of the buying the market for sure..

Unfortunately the dealer only offered 50% of what they were asking for a used on their lot for today.. without updated LPG, 120,000 km, twin DVD.. .. so its not  going to happen..yet...
    .. but WOULD  like many of the new features transferred to my 2005.. including the electric Tilt column.. that is ALSO .. electric Telescopic..

Supply and demand I guess like everything else.. including our wages , costs to operate, real estate & now carbon tax ... etc.. .. and don't we just all bitch about this..... but the Aussie price is $54,000.
     The price in the USA.. around US$30,000..

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
New Chrysler 300C
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 09:59:04 AM »
The Aussie price is $54,000.
The price in the USA.. around US$30,000..

And there's the rub...

Eight speed auto?? C'mon, how many forward gears do you need???  I think the local automatic repair shop might have a little trouble repairing it if anything went wrong - not that I expect it would.

Steve

• Speedster
New Chrysler 300C
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 02:00:53 PM »
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=5094.msg31672#msg31672

Eight speed auto?? C'mon, how many forward gears do you need???  .

2 speed diff coming up next in cars i would guess :zip:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333