Author Topic: PRICE CHECK  (Read 4464 times)

musician

PRICE CHECK
« on: December 12, 2011, 03:22:47 PM »
HI all, it has been suggested I ask people here for their qualified advice on what my 84 trans am is worth so I can post a fair and reasonable price as I am looking to sell it, Joe's sound advice seems very reasonable so I humbly ask what the forum members think a decent price would be, please don't flame or create drama. You can find links to the pics in the thread I started in the for sale section. Thanks in advance, regards

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
PRICE CHECK
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2011, 03:29:39 PM »
Thank you:feedback:

LeighP

• Rally Licence
PRICE CHECK
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 06:12:44 PM »
I'm sorry to say you may not like what you hear (at least from me).....a V6 car is going to drag the price down....its LHD which limits your market as it will be 2 years till most states allow it to be registered LHD (30 years old)...I think WA its 15 years.
But I suppose if theres two years till it can be registered, thats enough time to paint it and trim it etc....but thats a fair bit of money to invest in a not particularly desireable model.
If you've got import paperwork (you must be able to prove it was an authorised import or you'll never get it registered), then it might be worth $3-4K? Its really hard to say, 3rd gens are all over the place, and not selling real well at the moment.

This is of course, just my humble opinion....and everyone's got an opinion. A car like this is pretty hard to pin down on a price.
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

musician

PRICE CHECK
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 06:39:18 PM »
thank you, from what I understand there aren't many 6's around as the 8 is dominant, club rego is an option as well... I appreciate your input

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
PRICE CHECK
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2011, 09:07:14 PM »
So, is it a Trans Am with the wrong engine or a Firebird with Trans Am decals?

roadhound

PRICE CHECK
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2011, 05:55:10 PM »
You can register as is in victoria and sth aust, with a 90day usage permit per year LOL why dont we have that here is this not the premier state,
An 82 is the desirable one,, KIT car with an 8
As a guide I know of a 86 with an 8 4 sale around 10k needing a ton of work.Be happy with around 4000 and move on..cheers

musician

PRICE CHECK
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2011, 06:05:33 PM »
I am thinking I should hold on to it till the 30 yr thing is up, might get one of those 90 day rego's? Dunno, selling some opal mining leases with plant and machinery I have, if they sell I will be able to build a decent shed to put it in. if not I might ebay it and start at $1, seems like that will get a sale and I will take what it gets I suppose. Thanks guys

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333