Author Topic: Buyers please beware  (Read 3602 times)

steya

Buyers please beware
« on: November 12, 2011, 07:00:13 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would just like to take this opportunity to warn fellow members and other car enthusiasts of persons "out there" who are quite happy to take your money, are deceitful, and untrustworthy.

In June I contacted a person by phone (after finding this persons email address through Ebay) in the town of Chuwar, Qld. in regards to parts for a 1968 Pontiac. This person said they don't operate a business as such just a hobby/interest buying a selling Chev and Pontiac parts.

We agreed on a list of parts over the phone and a price of $340.00 including postage. I transferred this amount into this persons bank account in June the same day as the phone conversation.

After numerous phone conversations and emails no parts had arrived by mid July. Parts were being sent to Central Qld. Two false tracking numbers were given to me that didn't exist.

By mid July I contacted this person and they agreed to refund my money back into my account.
After numerous excuses as to why the money hadn't been refunded, false receipt numbers, bogus money orders I contacted the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal (formally know as the Small Claims Court) for an application for minor debt in early August.

After this person was served with a minor debt application from the Courts, I received a parcel from this person on the 8th of September. The parts that arrived were incomplete.

I then contacted this person again asking for the remaining money that they still owed me.

After no response from them the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal made a default decision against them to pay me the outstanding money owed.

It wasn't until the 5th of October that this issue was finally resolved and my outstanding money was refunded.

I would just like to take this opportunity to make other people and members aware of this situation as to save them the pain, heartache and anguish of parting with their hard earned money to people who don't deliver the goods.
I would definitely not recommend this person to buy any Chev or Pontiac parts from. I hope people will read this and take heed of this warning.

LeighP

• Rally Licence
Buyers please beware
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 09:27:33 PM »
That sucks....its not the norm, but it still sucks. You are lucky to get your money/parts in the end.....
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
Buyers please beware
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 07:04:40 PM »
The best person to get any parts for Chev or Pontiac is Ponti- World at Oak Flats I have known Dave for years & I have always found his service to be outstanding & he will go to any lengths to satisfy your every needs & get your parts to you within days if not the next day.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333