Author Topic: Rattle'n'Hum Car Show- Castle Hill Sun 26th June  (Read 9317 times)

GAS455

Rattle'n'Hum Car Show- Castle Hill Sun 26th June
« on: June 26, 2011, 04:53:49 PM »
I went out to Rattle'n'Hum today at Castle hill with a few members and ex members.

It was a top show with I would say about 300 odd cars attending.

For the entrants there was a free BBQ feed for breakfast, and then later on the Carlton Draught truck was there with beer for only a gold coin donation.

It was good to see a good mix of Aussie and American cars...with many I hadn't seen before.

Money was being raised for Tallowood Special Needs School.

Here are the pics:

GAS455

« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2011, 04:55:17 PM »

GAS455

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 04:57:28 PM »

GAS455

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2011, 05:06:17 PM »

This car/owner was getting interviewed by Fletch at Classic  Restos...  It was nice!

This was the owner....Great car!!!

Photos don't do the colour justice!!

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2011, 05:16:56 PM »
Damn it!..... How come no one mentioned anything about this on our club forum. Looking at those picks we have missed out on a great event.
Or is it only me left in the dark?......:mad:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

GAS455

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2011, 05:43:10 PM »
Quote from: sms777 link=topic=4478.msg28052#msg28052
Damn it!..... How come no one mentioned anything about this on our club forum. Looking at those picks we have missed out on a great event.
Or is it only me left in the dark?......:mad:

Sorry mate,   Just don't believe I need to ask for permission to post about an upcoming event that isn't a club event before it happens.

I'm sure alot of people would have enjoyed the day.

Will post pics of the next event I attend.
Greg

lazy69

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2011, 12:35:36 PM »
Nice mix of cars Greg & some good pics. Thanks for posting them.

Bumblebee

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2011, 03:32:51 PM »
Thanks for the great pics (except me with the cakes!!).

Was a top event and the RSL has a beautiful open beer garden restaurant with fenced childens' climbing gear and they also bought in a jumping castle for the kids and Fire Brigade Engines which the kids climbed on etc.  Pinky was there with the entertainment and around a dozen vendors.  It's good every year and AMCCA had about a dozen members' cars there, most came with partners, so maybe 20 of us.

Good news was Karl won Best Corevette (and something else as he had 2 trophies). The way it works is very fair. with sponsors making their own awards and each club selected person/people who gets to vote for one other club's cars to get a trophy.  I think the official clubs were Corvettes Unlimited, Mustang Club, Camaro-Firebirds, Monaro (who had an awesome display by carting a totally rusted out shell of a late 60's car as part of their display, which gets an award), The (Falcon) GT Club, HDT Owners, FX and FJ Holden Owners as well as the XU1s, Chryslers, the NSW V8 Ute Club and a stack of randoms.

It was advertised on most car club web sites Chris as well as general car event bulletin boards like Pinky's own board, AMCCA had a very good showing but we parked with our marques so we couldn't represent our club given the run clashed with an AMCCA event.  Lots of money raised for a very worthy charity the Tallowood Special Needs School.  Like most clubs, MOCA also had it on their forum as they also have our Towradgi show on their events list for next week, another top event and worthy charity being the SES.

Cheers and see you next week.

heven67

• Rally Licence
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2011, 06:56:55 PM »
Cheap BEER!  

Why didnt someone tell us this was on?
Whats happening to everthing!
Luvhev
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2011, 07:36:06 PM »
We had a great day also,It is a great spot,Hidden well away,The food service was very speedy and enjoyable.

Old mate the announcer was Pinkies Brother I beleive, I think they may be twins,:smile::lol:

Thanks Greg for the pics and not returning with my beer.:bats:

Hoorroo

Luke
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333