Author Topic: Dayton Ohio  (Read 5704 times)

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
Dayton Ohio
« on: June 14, 2011, 07:06:08 PM »
This might be one of the most advanced aircraft museums sites around    

Click on the MAP in the upper right hand corner to bring down a visual menu of the different sites within the museum, then click on a dot within that site to view the exhibits from that camera angle and then follow (click on) the arrows.

It doesn't get much cooler than this!

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/full/tour-pkg.html

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

1977 Transam

Dayton Ohio
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 07:01:29 AM »
do you know where this is at Garry?  My son and I love jets and he is in to astronauts as well.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Dayton Ohio
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 04:17:25 PM »
Quote from: 1977 Transam link=topic=4444.msg27910#msg27910
do you know where this is at Garry?  My son and I love jets and he is in to astronauts as well.

oh is he now????:omg: you wouldnt find to many around here?:rol::leaving:

Sorry had to get in before Bonnavista!

oh and just to gloat a little if you're into astronauts.... I actually know the captain of the last shuttle that just came back!!! I went to Houston and did a News story on him back in 2001 and actually flew into space with him........... oh and yes it was just a simulator but it felt real! and  just to make you even more jealous - after he'd taken off for his mission to Hubble we got all the wives together at the local hotel and partied on!!!!!!! YEEEEEEHAAAAA
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Dayton Ohio
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:32:31 PM »
I have no idea what you mean...

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Dayton Ohio
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 08:42:48 PM »
Yeah....I used to be a space cadet too...I had long hair, flared pants, had an attitude....even drove a Pontiac.
Then I grew up. :zip:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
Dayton Ohio
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
    In 2009 - I flew to Dayton to buy a NOS firebird rear console.. (U$1600) .. the US Pontiac POCI & GTOAA Nationals were being  held in the adjoining grounds to the USAFM..., Geoff Swavely and I attended.. the Presentation night was held in the grand hall, fully catered for and surrounded by the most impressive line up of aircraft, functional, experimental, contributing equipment, returned space junk and all the history that the yanks DESERVINGLY .. could gloat about.. its a HUGE place and...
.. as Gary pointed out here.. if you ever get to DAYTON, Ohio.. DO NOT MISS THIS..

You will never forget it..   Not long before that trip I'd fortunately been down to Florida, went through a series of aerospace centres.. and stayed to watch the launch of a satellite at  Cape Canaveral
.. but that was a lot of driving from place to place, not far from Orlando mind you..  in that case it was just opportunistic to be there for that launch... but the Dayton AF display is something else..... to see.. ESPECIALLY if you have children of an educated age that can appreciate it.  It's not the be all and end all but definitely  put it on your bucket list.

1977 Transam

Dayton Ohio
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 07:02:10 AM »
Thanks for the info Ozpont.  Sounds like my son would really enjoy it.  He does want to go to Orlando as well.  Just need money........

LeighP

• Rally Licence
Dayton Ohio
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 04:00:46 PM »
Yep, the USAF Museum at Dayton - Wright Patterson AFB. Fantastic museum....could spend a couple of days there.
Only two museums in the world contain aircraft that have dropped atomic weapons in combat.....the Smithsonian in Washington, the this museum in Dayton, Ohio.
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333