Author Topic: Thanks For Helping Out  (Read 12159 times)

Hemifish

Thanks For Helping Out
« on: April 29, 2011, 04:52:08 PM »
Just a Quick Thanks to JOE for Visiting me in Hospital and Fixing my Computer & others that have Visited and brought FOOD & COFFEE :spaghetti::fantastic::hangloose:

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Thanks For Helping Out
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 07:47:34 PM »
What are mates for Darren.
I told the members at the meeting last night about your present situation and I think this thread is a great place for the members to post there support and best wishes.

For the members that didn't go to the meeting last night I will just fill you in, our mate Hemifish has had a bad run. First off Darren is a true speed junkie, right back from his teenage years racing around in his XU1 Torana, skiing up and down the local river behind his mates insane speed boats, and I'm sure youv'e all seen his last ride The blown 572 goat.
Due to his miss spent youth 17 months ago, Darren had to leave work and under go a full hip replacement, after the surgery complications set in and an infection had him back in hospital to have the hip removed and a temporary spacer put in, till the doctors can beat the infection. Then they will start again with a new hip that's where he is now.
BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE as if that wasn't enough,  bad luck for poor old Hemifish the night before he went to hospital he was cleaning the kitchen, and the new floor, his crutches slipped out from under him on the wet floor, as he hit the ground the kitchen erupted in flames.Darren managed to drag himself from the kitchen to the back door ( Thank god the door was open ) then he threw himself down the back steps as the whole house was lost.

Something I never mentioned at the meeting was The shed the Cuda and his dog are all OK  :bow::bow:

So come on guys lets see a nice post on this forum  to end the day show Darren we care about our members. Post up give him our support.
:feedback::feedback::feedback:

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
Thanks For Helping Out
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 08:11:22 PM »
:omg: Darrin, I couldn't believe it when I heard what had happened to you. I knew you were going into hospital but when your part arrived from the US and Joe asked me to give it to him so he could take it to you and explained what happened I was shocked :cry:. Thank god you are ok it could have been disasterous. Take care and we look forward to catching up with real soon!

Best Wishes and a speedy recovery!
Click Image For Our Website

bluevet

Thanks For Helping Out
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 08:22:20 PM »
Hi Darren.sorry to here that you are not well.hope the doctors can get you up and about as soon as posible.glad to here that car is ok.hope to see you soon.Ray

RIVIERA

• Speedster
Thanks For Helping Out
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 08:36:51 PM »
Hi Darrin , as in Joe's post he said that your hip problem came from your miss spent youth as a skier, having been overtaken by you on more than one occasion when the goat was in full cry I think maybe you may concider the extra force that was being exerted by your right leg may also have had some effect on your hip. Or maybe you think that by getting a bionic hip you will be more capable of giving a big block Mopar that extra kick in the butt.

Seriously Darrin both Enid and I wish you a speedy recovery and we lock forward to catching up with you on the road soon, I gues you have had many offers, but if we can help in anyway please do not hesitate to ask, we would be more than willing.

Regards John  

SUTPO

Thanks For Helping Out
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2011, 08:36:53 PM »
Hey Darren, i was really shocked when i heard what had happend to you, my hand is out to you a fellow MOPAR brother, if there is anything i can do to help i will be there for you. things can be replaced but mopar lovers are hard to find, i am glad you are as well as can be expected

Hope to catch up with you soon

Stuart  

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
Thanks For Helping Out
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 08:49:31 PM »
Man alive thats a bad run.

Hope things have a turn for the better from here on in.

All the best

Hoorroo

Luke
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

chris67

• P Plater
Thanks For Helping Out
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »
Hi Darren

Im sorry to here that you are not well

I wish you a speedy recovery.

Regards
Chris

Why dont we arrange for all members to give a helping hand at Darrens place one weekend if we can i.e painting, in anyway we can help
Rev It Loud, Drive It Proud!  

mattlea1

Thanks For Helping Out
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 09:05:16 PM »
Wow man that is some bad luck, I hope your luck starts improving from here on.

her69

• Committee
  • Rally Licence
  • Club President
Thanks For Helping Out
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »

I spent a couple of hours today visiting Darrin, having lots of laughs with Joe trying to get his hospital anolog television to pick up digital television onto his laptop, OMG, it was like the blind leading the blind, lost count of trying different plugs in different sockets without success. So Darrin ended up with only alolog tele to watch the wedding on, hope you didn't miss too much Darrin. LOL.
Anyway, after all Darrin has been through with his house fire, I think he is very lucky to be still with us. It was great to spend some time together today, you were looking better than what I expected. He showed me his hip operation scar & BTW Darrin I think someone should buy you some undies LOL.
Hope to see you out & about soon

Cheers Maureen

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333