Author Topic: Be careful with your cars  (Read 5812 times)

Fine 59

Be careful with your cars
« on: March 29, 2011, 09:51:08 PM »
 Hello all

I was followed Saturday night on the way home from a car show at Harry's in the Cadillac by 2 sus looking guys , they were behind me and then got in front of me twice and slowed me down to around 40K's , they watched me indicate then they would indicate , I finally tricked them into thinking I was going strait while I turned and by the time they turned around I lost them in my neighbourhood. We took there licence just in case and reported it. Sunday morning I heard on the radio there was a car jacking in Liverpool , maybe it could have been us or maybe those guys were just looking at the car ( Take no chance's with your cars and never go home if they follow you )  Car jacking is becoming more common so just be very careful and be aware of your surroundings' what ever you drive.

Cheers Mick

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2011, 09:40:03 PM »
Good advice! Glad you are ok....could have been a dangerous situation and you handled it well.   Liz
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2011, 09:55:23 PM »
Harry's and the likes never been my places of hang outs. Way too many riff-raff and doof doof wankers to spoil your day. We got way too much money invested in our special interest vehicles to let the kebab brigade rub their bum bags against our quality paint jobs.
For me this is another nail in the coffin for Harry's. If you see me there I will not be in my muscle car for sure. It is sad because Harry's been a good place to organise special events and fund raisers due to it's popularity but unfortunatly it is an invitation for the criminal elements also. I agree with the above comments....Be careful.  :cry:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

Pana BB Duster

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
Quote from: sms777 link=topic=4246.msg26725#msg26725
Harry's and the likes never been my places of hang outs. Way too many riff-raff and doof doof wankers to spoil your day. We got way too much money invested in our special interest vehicles to let the kebab brigade rub their bum bags against our quality paint jobs.
For me this is another nail in the coffin for Harry's. If you see me there I will not be in my muscle car for sure. It is sad because Harry's been a good place to organise special events and fund raisers due to it's popularity but unfortunatly it is an invitation for the criminal elements also. I agree with the above comments....Be careful.  :cry:

What a fricken shame aint it... It's such a good hangout...

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2011, 12:03:29 PM »
This can happen anywhere whether your at Miranda Fair, Lunching at Rose Bay or on your way home from work. You never know when its going to happen and it really doesn't matter what car your driving, Muscle Car or Merc if they want it for something there going to get it!
Click Image For Our Website

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2011, 03:25:05 PM »
Quote from: usmusclecars link=topic=4246.msg26731#msg26731
This can happen anywhere whether your at Miranda Fair, Lunching at Rose Bay or on your way home from work. You never know when its going to happen and it really doesn't matter what car your driving, Muscle Car or Merc if they want it for something there going to get it!

Agreed,just about every show lately or car related outing there has been something knocked off,either there or on the way home as Mick says.

All we can do is be mindfull on our travels,Harrys was absolutely full to the brim on saturday night.

Hope you still get your car out Mick.

PS- I was home today working on my car and heard a car pull up,I was expecting a mate to arrive,turned out to be my neighbour,He saw my garage open,parked his car behind Lizs car so "they" couldnt escape if that was there plan then came into the garage yelling like a pork chop,expecting someone other then me to be in it.very grateful for his effort, there are still many good people around.

Hoorroo
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

LeighP

• Rally Licence
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2011, 10:12:47 PM »
Sounds like a good neighbour to have! :fantastic:
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

sell4u

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 09:08:32 PM »
Never really worried, especially with my ride as you cant really do much with it, so I thought?

Monday night 2 weeks ago a neighbour heard a truck accelerate past his house and kill the ignition. He thought it was strange seeing as it was 1am and went outside to see a tow truck roll past my house and stop.

The neighbour continued to watch as a guy got out and took a few photos on my Chev plus a neighbours V8 Commodore.

He got back in the tilt tray and rolled down the street before driving away.

I believe about 3 - 4 days later a guy was caught towing a rod out of someones garage in Chipping Norton and he had a photo album of cars, some already reported missing.

We all hear the stories especially with desirable machines like GT's, Holden's, Mustang's and Rod's but even rare or uncommon cars can be targets.

Safe to say I no longer leave the daily drive outside overnight!

rattusrex

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »
Are any checks made on the background of tilt tray drivers? When you apply for a real estate certificate, the police investigate for any previous criminal record. Why not for tilt tray drivers. Car theft is not treated as seriously as it should be by the judiciary. I rather like the old wild west remedy for horse stealing...lynching. Eddie

LeighP

• Rally Licence
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2011, 04:05:17 AM »
baseball bats and a group of car owners....go medieval on the scummy thieving bastards.
You stick a gun in someone's face and steal $50,000 and you're going to gaol for quite a while....you steal a $50,000 car, and they slap you on the wrist and won't lock you up till you've done it quite a few times.....double standard there, mr judge!
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333