Author Topic: Exp of Interest for skid pan day 2011  (Read 11854 times)

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
Exp of Interest for skid pan day 2011
« on: February 07, 2011, 06:13:00 PM »
Just putting it out to see what the interest for another skid pan day would be.

With a little more attention this year on driver control rather then mucking about.

It will be in the cooler months,Unlike last year there wont be a BBQ lunch,Everyone can bring there own food & drinks,We will have an ern for coffee and tea,tables and chairs and thats about all.

Nothing is booked at present it depends on the interest indicated.

The payment date will be very early as we had numerous pull-outs last year,We pay X to hire the area,X is simply divided between the number of drivers attending.

The reason payment date will be very early,is to allow us to cancel if we have people start to pull out prior to the payment date,making it too costly for the balance of drivers.

Last year I think we had 20 or so drivers and it was in the vacinity of $140 p/driver.

Hoorroo

Luke

Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

1977 Transam

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 07:21:12 PM »
Count me in x 2. My wife will be able to drag her car down. We were only saying last week how we needed to go. Where's it at Luke?

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 07:30:27 PM »
Its at Eastern Creek on the skid pan behind the pits.

Its not at the drags,its a concrete area that water is pumped onto with different circuits set up.

We are hoping to do a little more in the dry before we hit the wet this time round.

You can use the one car between how ever many people you wish, the cost is per driver.

Hoorrooo

Luke

1977 Transam

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 07:46:24 PM »
Sounds good. Id like to learn to throw around the Transam. It would be great if there was a more advanced one later on in the year for a bit more high speed recovery/maneuvering.

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 07:53:53 PM »
Maybe something down at Willmigtons at Marulan,or similar at WSID,might be worth googling for the more advanced,let us know what you find there might be some interest.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:17:40 PM »
As this has been a successful event over the last few years we will be running this as a club event later in the year. As previous years we have had a BBQ I don't see any reason to change the format now as everyone had a good time. Once the events calender is updated later this month I will have it in club events with costing per head. I have already been approached regarding this event & have told the club members that asked that we will be holding it again. Or we could hold  a defensive driving course at Wakefield cost is around $260 per head but I think I could get a discount with a group.

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:  
Past And Present Cars

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »
Garry, can you please ring me regarding this event and my previous post.  It is great that you are wanting to include this idea as a club event, and as you know, I have been actively involved in organising this run for the last two years on behalf of the club.  Lets work together on a suitable date for inclusion in the events calendar based on what feedback the members provide in terms of their availability.  There may be issues associated with the bbq, but I will discuss this with you.  We should also consider people interested in this run who are not members of the club, as they have already come to me expressing interest, and this will help in keeping the cost down.

hooroo

Luke

chris67

• P Plater
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 08:58:44 PM »
depending on the date i will be interested in coming along
Rev It Loud, Drive It Proud!  

peterp

• Administrator
  • Speedster
    • http://www.yourithelp.com.au
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 09:01:36 PM »
Hi Muzzy 66,

All enquiries in regards to making an event an official club run event should be directed to the club event organiser.

The details for the Events co-ordinator are:
Garry McLaughlin
Mobile - 0403 026867

Regards   peterp
You only need two tools in life - WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the Duct Tape.

heven67

• Rally Licence
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 09:03:31 PM »
What the hell count me in...let me know if you need numbers Luke, the GT club guys will jump to this one, I would prefere we ask them first as they have always invited us to there drag days.lUVHEV
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333