Author Topic: Why join the club?  (Read 8382 times)

robbie

Why join the club?
« on: September 14, 2010, 04:57:47 PM »
Can anyone tell me what the benefits of a car club membership are?

What do people do at the monthly meetings? Is there a lot of sharing info, helping out on peoples projects etc?

I'm trying to push myself into joining the club now that my car is getting up to scratch, but not sure on what the benefits are. I know the easy answer is "go along to a meeting and find out", but I'd like to know what you guys get out of being a member.

Thanks

Bumblebee

Why join the club?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 05:08:24 PM »
Welcome and there are lots of benefits Robbie,

What do you drive?

I'm sure we'll help you out on this thread as we go.

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
Why join the club?
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 06:01:36 PM »
Hi Robbie.
   Welcome to our forum the benefit of joining a car club or any other club is that you meet people with the same interests you will make a lot of new friends. Our club is a little different to a one brand car club we have a great mixture of makes & models so our car runs look like a car show on wheels, also if you have a technical question the  forum is a great place to ask it & you will get the answers fairly quickly which may help. A good friend of mine had a problem with his gear box got onto the club forum that he belonged to & repaired it over night with people giving him the answers on how to fix it. Also a lot of insurance companies will ask if you are a member of a car club which helps with your premiums. Robbie my advice is check out our club run calender come along to a cruise or club meeting & you will make up your own mind I am sure you will feel more than welcome when we meet you. What sort of car do you have, hope that has helped you make up your mind & join our great club

:seeya: Garry :hangloose:
Past And Present Cars

robbie

Why join the club?
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2010, 06:07:50 PM »
A 1970 Cadillac Coupe Deville custom. Thanks Garry, I think I will come to the next event

Bumblebee

Why join the club?
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2010, 06:19:35 PM »
Hi Robbie,

There are many people in this club who for reasons of affinity etc, are members of clubs specific to their marque, I am one of them.  Those clubs offer great support and special interest in areas surrounding the Marque and often a few important annual events that are fun to attend e.g. Concours etc.  Whilst I truly enjoy that aspect (and do attend their club meetings), at the end of the day, for many of us it's about getting out and cruising, touring, having fun together and not taking things to seriously; and above all, doing it on a frequent basis.

The AMCCA, is THE club when it comes to enjoying your car, in an way that supports the family as well, doing it with a great social environment and enjoying this regularly.  Not other club runs, they're great too, but knowing your club has a run for you almost every week.  Yes there are other Caddies in the club and yes we try to make sure events are within people's budgets and focussed on a very wide variety of things.  This year we've had professional photo shoots, Top Gear filming, lunches, dinners, wineries, weekends away, breakfasts, bbq's, invitations to track days, and in recent times dyno days; whatever takes your fancy.

Just be sure to bring your car (most of the time), a good sense of humour (all the time), an appetite (often) and your family and friends to suit.

Hope we see you soon!:fingers:

robbie

Why join the club?
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2010, 06:35:09 PM »
that sounds awesome Bee, I'm going to fill out an application this week then, and will make sure I get to the next cruise. Look out for my car http://flic.kr/p/6M1amV - probably hard to miss it's such a barge :)

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Why join the club?
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2010, 07:05:27 PM »
Nice Caddie there robbie!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

rattusrex

Why join the club?
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2010, 09:56:01 PM »
I like it. Eddie:fantastic:

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Why join the club?
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 10:13:19 PM »
Hi Robbie I think I can post a couple of links from our club web site that may help you with your decision on joining our club.

Most people join this forum but tend to over look the actual club web site.  The forum is just a notice board for members and guests of AMCCA to keep up to date with the club events and generally shoot the Breeze.

The first link is the club photo gallery. When you click on the link you will see 7 pages of past events. It is very simple to use, all the thumbnails you see will have the event name under them.  Simply click on the thumbnail and you can view all the pics from that event.

The next link works the same. On this page you can check out the members cars. You will see we have a very wide range of U.S. cars.

Members Cars[/color]

I hope this post helps you decide to join us and I look forward to seeing you on our next run'
Cheers Joe

Fine 59

Why join the club?
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 10:44:55 PM »
Hi Robbie

Great looking ride and exceptional colour, I sourced many clubs before joining this one , this is a great club that is always extremely active, there a great mob which are also very family orientated, good luck and we hope to see you on the next run.

Cheers Mick

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333