Author Topic: Help with car insurance  (Read 7465 times)

roadhound

Help with car insurance
« on: September 01, 2010, 07:38:32 PM »
Is there any alternatives I should
know about that may be better than what I have
}elders/camden].What else is there besides shannons
think its harder out there to find something else.
Much appreciate and info,thanks

65pony

• Speedster
Help with car insurance
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 08:20:47 PM »
I don't know from personal use but i've heard about a company called LSV Insurance. All feedback ive heard is great in terms of claims etc and apparently there one of the cheapest round. Just a thought.

cluxford

Help with car insurance
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2010, 09:17:43 PM »
Well  my experience with LSV sucks.

I'm in the build, I have close to $130K in parts in the car, and over $80K in labour so far.

They will offer $60K coverage.  When I asked why, they said it's not worth more than $60K.  Even with over 200 photos and they openly agree there is a ton of work in it, their answer is, well so what, it's just not worth that.  i said well just cover parts value.  They said, nope not worth that much, I said WTF if I were to replace it I would have to buy all those parts again, so at minimum that's it's worth.  Again they said nope.

I said don't you offer agreed value, and they said, yeah, but we don;t agree that it's worth any more than $60K.

Perplex I left them with, a comment about how I can't see what the market value has anything to do with the insured price, if I am willing to pay more for the insurance.  Insurance is a risk game....reality is it won't see that much road time, it's a safe risk for them....

65pony

• Speedster
Help with car insurance
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2010, 10:19:27 PM »
Quote from: cluxford link=topic=3589.msg22142#msg22142
Well  my experience with LSV sucks.

I'm in the build, I have close to $130K in parts in the car, and over $80K in labour so far.

They will offer $60K coverage.  When I asked why, they said it's not worth more than $60K.  Even with over 200 photos and they openly agree there is a ton of work in it, their answer is, well so what, it's just not worth that.  i said well just cover parts value.  They said, nope not worth that much, I said WTF if I were to replace it I would have to buy all those parts again, so at minimum that's it's worth.  Again they said nope.

I said don't you offer agreed value, and they said, yeah, but we don;t agree that it's worth any more than $60K.

Perplex I left them with, a comment about how I can't see what the market value has anything to do with the insured price, if I am willing to pay more for the insurance.  Insurance is a risk game....reality is it won't see that much road time, it's a safe risk for them....

Sorry to hear about that mate. I haven't personally used LSV I have just heard good things. The only bad thing about a young guy driving an old car is no one will ensure me due to the age of the driver and age of the car :mad: so I can only go on feedback

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Help with car insurance
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2010, 10:58:47 PM »
I got a good deal through LSV! Cluxford You must have got the wrong person on a bad day?? unless they are cracking down a bit? I got my insurance done on agreed value (but it was finished).
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
Help with car insurance
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2010, 12:18:37 AM »
I am insured with Smith&Wesson. The policy is in my holster.  

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

cpu

Help with car insurance
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2010, 12:33:49 AM »
Quote from: sms777 link=topic=3589.msg22147#msg22147

I myself use ANSCHÜTZ, swedish mauser and my old faihfull Lithgow Slazenger, plus friends of theirs........ Ohh, also NRMA classic.  Had no problem geting the extra value and have increased value with them as I have added goodies.

SBC-68-FIREBIRD

Help with car insurance
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2010, 05:08:09 AM »
LSV bought out or took over what used to be Torque Underwriting. I was with Shannons for a long time but the premium was getting too expensive. Switched over to Torque & have always had a good deal with them.
I got a flyer from Shannons a few weeks back to say anybody with an ANDRA licence would be able to recieve a discount so I rang them up & with the discount they were still $300 dearer than LSV plus I have to keep my ANDRA licence which is $150/year.

mattlea1

Help with car insurance
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2010, 08:02:50 AM »
Quote from: cpu link=topic=3589.msg22148#msg22148
Quote from: sms777 link=topic=3589.msg22147#msg22147

I myself use ANSCHÜTZ, swedish mauser and my old faihfull Lithgow Slazenger, plus friends of theirs........ Ohh, also NRMA classic.  Had no problem geting the extra value and have increased value with them as I have added goodies.

So what do yo u do when someone runs into you with no insurance and no money? :gotya:

77CVT

• P Plater
Help with car insurance
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2010, 08:28:19 AM »
LSV has been great to me!  This year I got my 85 vette and 03 BA ute insured together for $505!!

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333