Author Topic: mobile speed camera locations  (Read 5071 times)

Steve

• Speedster
mobile speed camera locations
« on: July 21, 2010, 11:40:01 PM »
just in case anyone is interested

we just all have to be a little more careful nowadays!!!!

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/downloads/mobile_speed_camera_locations_0710.pdf

Russ

• P Plater
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 07:19:31 PM »
That's fascinating.

Goods to see they're putting money into making more money, rather than fixing real problems.

How many of these crashes, deaths & injuries were actually a result of speeding, compared to those caused by roadworks, blind spots, poor road surfaces, median strip landscaping that obstructs views, poor infrastructure causing congestion & confusion, and just general bad driving?

Good to see politicians staying true to their roots, ignoring the real issues, and going straight for the revenue raising quick fix!

Nice work!
~ Russ

MuscleVette

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 07:50:50 PM »
Guys the best way is two not speed & they can park there camera vans anywhere they like they will soon get sick of parking them & not getting any revenue. also on this forum I don't believe we should ever mention police issues in future they will be deleted as soon as they appear.

:seeya: Garry :coffee:
Past And Present Cars

Steve

• Speedster
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 08:00:14 PM »
Quote from: MuscleVette link=topic=3463.msg21127#msg21127
Guys the best way is two not speed & they can park there camera vans anywhere they like they will soon get sick of parking them & not getting any revenue. also on this forum I don't believe we should ever mention police issues in future they will be deleted as soon as they appear.

:seeya: Garry :coffee:

tend to agree ,just thought i would put the list up as it is listed on the RTA website ,just for people that didnt know where they would be

we should all not speed for a year and see what the government does next :)

as an aside read in yesterdays Mercury that the speed camera at the bottom of Mount Ousley (northbound) raised just under $900,000 last year ..........................and that equates to 5500 drivers who did NOT see a plainly posted sign advising that the camera is there ..............cant blame the police for that one ehh !

65pony

• Speedster
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2010, 09:02:04 PM »
My only problem with these camera's are the speeds they can get you for, for example they can book you for just 4 k's over the speed limit!

Brand new cars have a margin of error on their speedo of upto 10% which means you could be doing 55 and your speedo only says your doing 50!

So if brand new cars can be out that much imagine an older car?? Where's the sense in that??

By the way they said they were gonna be white ford territory's and they have proven their are grey and black ones out their! and also the above locations are a select few they wanted to mention, I saw one today on the Boulevard at Miranda (no where in the above locations sheet does it mention this road).

Just another way to con the public into pay rises for the guys above!!!

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2010, 09:28:53 PM »
That 10% margin is the other way around in new cars.  If your speedo says you're doing 55, you only doing 50.  

Steve

• Speedster
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2010, 09:48:20 PM »
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=3463.msg21137#msg21137
That 10% margin is the other way around in new cars.  If your speedo says you're doing 55, you only doing 50.  

that is also correct on NEW cars anything older than 2000 ??? the margin was 10% plus or minus ...although i suspect that many cars are reading fast anyway ,cruise control set at 100 kph on my 2000 SS commodore and most people drive past me ..will check mine out one day with the GPS ,,,,however the Monza that does not have to comply with ANY ADR,s speedo is very inaccurate !

WOTSA442

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 12:19:58 PM »
Steve, Thanks for posting that. I cover a lot of those country areas in my job and I do tend to get along a little quicker than 100kph like 95% of other motorists on country roads. Sit on 100 out there and you'll soon have semi's climbing over the top of you. I'll be using cruise and not looking in the rearview mirror in future.
Interesting that the locations are based on 2006-2008 stats. Bookham has now been bypassed by the Hume yet it's mentioned. We had 8 people killed on Silverdale Rd between The Oaks and Silverdale (Steve, you followed me along it coming back from the Warragamba club outing) in 18months prior to 2006. Nothing has been done to improve the road except drop the speed limit. It was touted as Australia's most dangerous road yet it doesn't rate a mention.
Not quite sure why Police/ RTA issues should be censored. Certainly if someone posts something out of line, but as a motoring club I would have thought the subject extremely relevant.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 01:02:42 PM »
Quote from: ausmonza link=topic=3463.msg21139#msg21139
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=3463.msg21137#msg21137

that is also correct on NEW cars anything older than 2000 ??? the margin was 10% plus or minus ...although i suspect that many cars are reading fast anyway ,cruise control set at 100 kph on my 2000 SS commodore and most people drive past me ..will check mine out one day with the GPS ,,,,however the Monza that does not have to comply with ANY ADR,s speedo is very inaccurate !

Steve, after reading your post I just realised that my Grand Ville, HQ Panel Van and '79 T/A are the only cars I've owned from the '70's.  All the rest were from the '60's.  I've never owned anything from the '80's, '90's or naughties. :lol:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333