Author Topic: Disaster averted at Micks Showroom  (Read 4858 times)

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
Disaster averted at Micks Showroom
« on: June 25, 2010, 04:30:13 PM »
Just a warning, everyone loves to have a room (man cave or woman cave) with heaps of neon signs.
Well we got one from China, its been working fine up until Wednesday nite when Mick got repeated messages on his phone via our alarm system that there was a problem.
Mick and Jake went to the workshop about 10pm to see what was going on, well they did not expect to open the door and have to fight back all the smoke that filled the showroom up. The neon sign melted and then exploded and landed on a cover below on top of an engine and up it went in flames. So lucky that the alarm picked up heat and went off otherwise god knows what could have been, only minor damage caused. So if you have a neon sign please ensure its of good quality and to Australian standards.
The opening could of turned into a fire sale!!

Click Image For Our Website

cpu

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 05:44:52 PM »
Dammmm.  Sounds like you were lucky.

You gotta watch that electrical stuff that comes in from China.  Much of it does not meet Australian standards.

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 05:51:27 PM »
I dropped in yesterday and saw the aftermath of the fire and you guys were extremely lucky. Thanks for the warning.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 07:17:09 PM »
Geeeezuz! Lucky!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

WOTSA442

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 06:18:59 PM »
Hey Yvette....Glad the damage was minor. What did the chinese sign say?
Now if you want to store the Charger and Talladega at my place (leave the keys) and tell the insurance company that they were vapourised in the inferno then I won't tell a soul.:coffee:

usmusclecars

• Top Fuel Pilot
    • http://excosales.com.au
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 08:48:53 PM »
Quote from: WOTSA442 link=topic=3399.msg20587#msg20587
Hey Yvette....Glad the damage was minor. What did the chinese sign say?
Now if you want to store the Charger and Talladega at my place (leave the keys) and tell the insurance company that they were vapourised in the inferno then I won't tell a soul.:coffee:

Hi Col,

Im sure you would love to have them parked up along with  your Olds....Some how it would be a bit hard to hide the Charger seeings its the only one!
Oh dear I would have died if the Charger went up!

This is the sign - You would expect a fire from the other dealer not Chev:rol::rol:

Click Image For Our Website

heven67

• Rally Licence
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »
Its quite scary isn't it, we often see that kanezza stuff capable of causing a fire! But our pollies have there interests elsewhere and fail to address and adhering to our electrical standards, which are the strictest in the world, the western world only that is!
We keep buying the stuff!
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

rattusrex

« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 09:33:28 PM »
Quote from: heven67 link=topic=3399.msg20615#msg20615
Its quite scary isn't it, we often see that kanezza stuff capable of causing a fire! But our pollies have there interests elsewhere and fail to address and adhering to our electrical standards, which are the strictest in the world, the western world only that is!
We keep buying the stuff!
Buy cheap, buy twice. That's if it doesn't kill you first. Eddie

LeighP

• Rally Licence
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2010, 07:12:37 PM »
I was thinking, when Joe told me about this, that maybe the transformer for the light was the wrong voltage for Australia?????
Regards,
Leigh
1969 Pontiac Firebird 400

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333