Author Topic: Axe the car tax petition  (Read 4552 times)

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Axe the car tax petition
« on: July 02, 2010, 11:24:29 PM »
"Join the campaign calling on the NSW Labor Government to axe its proposed new $500 million tax on vehicle registrations in NSW.

Recently current Premier Kristina Keneally announced her latest attack on NSW motorists. Kristina Keneally & NSW Labor are going to tax drivers to pay for their Sydney Transport Election Scam.

What makes it worse is that the big new tax depends on the size of your car. This means people driving medium to large cars will be taxed to the max.

It is especially unfair on people in regional areas. Firstly, they are paying a new tax for Sydney transport infrastructure, which they wont have regular access to and secondly, country people drive long distances on bad roads and need bigger cars.

In addition, Labor's dubious record on infrastructure delivery means that the projects motorists are paying for will probably never be delivered.

This big new tax is a bad idea and the NSW Liberals & Nationals have already started taking up the fight.
Sign the online petition today and help Axe Labor’s Car Tax!"

http://www.axethecartax.com.au/

PS I didnt write this & I got this from Andrew Stoners MPs site, I'm not a Liberal/Labor  or Greens supporter either but this is a good cause.:ripped:

1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Steve

• Speedster
Axe the car tax petition
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2010, 11:58:27 PM »
seriously not a lib/lab person either
It is about time we as  Motorists got together and created our own lobby group and put pressure on governments

smoker drinkers  motorists

easy money for any level of government no matter what variety they are !

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Axe the car tax petition
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 12:19:41 AM »
By my definition, any money you pay to a government is a tax, so the fee for car rego is already a tax.
They want us to pay a tax on a tax.

Steve

• Speedster
Axe the car tax petition
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 12:21:12 AM »
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=3417.msg20760#msg20760
By my definition, any money you pay to a government is a tax, so the fee for car rego is already a tax.
They want us to pay a tax on a tax.

Chris I think you will find that we already do with petrol (well most of us anyway )

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Axe the car tax petition
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 12:30:25 AM »
Yeah, but they say it's an excise, not a tax - which makes it all fine and dandy......NOT!

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333