Author Topic: Motorsport  (Read 4461 times)

Garrett

Motorsport
« on: May 01, 2010, 02:55:26 PM »
I have been browsing and notice that this club is extremely active :xmas:

Please direct me to past event posts etc either drags or circuit....surely has been one with the cubes/hp and setups of some of these beasts.

ps: Anyone keen on either a private track day (drag) or Wakefield Day? maybe joint run with a few other clubs?

Mod if in the wrong section, my apologies please direct to correct area at your discretion.

heven67

• Rally Licence
Motorsport
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 04:27:25 PM »
I think there is somewhere you can view past events, though we are a fairly new club, we have had a skid pan day and another coming up in June, and have invited ourselves to a couple of your drag days in the past, and I reckon you mite get a few of us interested in future ones, me for certain , when I get my donk back,
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

Garrett

Motorsport
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 05:22:40 PM »
We are not running the event, but are attending. Maybe a few spots left if you are quick.

Details copied over

Dear all I received an email to let us all know that the 72 to 82 Cobra Car club are having a drive day at wakefield on 18th July 2010. A few of us got out there last year and had fun. if you want to go contact the organising club. Note this is NOT an official FGTOCNSW primary or secondary run. Due to the closure of Oran park our club was unable to obtain any weekend dates for own run to wakefield. We may have the potential to do something in 2011. The only way to get out to such an event is to get out with another club. They could do with the support in terms of getting numbers to help make their event a success.
Flyer was in Word format so I couldnt put it up intact online. Conatct Julie on the details below for a form or hard copy.

72-82 Ford V8 & Cobra Owners Club
Invites you to our
4TH ANNUAL DRIVE DAY
At
WAKEFIELD PARK RACEWAY
SUNDAY 18TH JULY 2010
8 A.M. TO 4 P.M.

AS YOU HAD SUCH A GREAT TIME LAST YEAR WE ARE OFFERING YOU
THE FIRST INVITES TO JOIN US BEFORE WE INVITE ANYONE ELSE!

DUE TO WAKEFIELD PARK RAISING THEIR PRICES WE HAVE ALSO HAD
TO INCREASE THE COST FROM LAST YEAR TO
$170 PER VEHICLE*(SEE BELOW).
(THIS INCLUDES BREAKFAST & LUNCH FOR THE DRIVER)

$30 PER EXTRA PERSON
(This is for the Breakfast and Lunch deal only per head)

*A special ‘DAY’ license is required on the day at a cost of $20, which can be purchased at Wakefield Park on the day (we are currently negotiating with Wakefield on this price). Safety equipment includes a Helmet, long sleeve shirt and pants, closed in shoes. A current NSW Drivers license is also required.

*Alcohol is NOT permitted. Anybody considered by the Committee to under the influence of Alcohol will be asked to leave the facility immediately.

*A 50% deposit per vehicle is required and $10 per extra adult eating on the day is required no later than the 12th
12TH MARCH 2010, with the balance to be paid in full by the 25TH JUNE 2010. NO REFUNDS will be given after the 1st June 2010. Please make Cheque/Money order payable to: 72-82 Ford V8 & Cobra Owners Club and send to P.O. Box 531 Merrylands NSW 2160.
Please mark “Attention Julie” and include the application form below.

*Remember that your car is not insured once you hit the track, so please take this and the safety of others into consideration whilst you are on the track, we want you to enjoy yourselves and come back and play next year!!!

Any further information contact Julie on 0419587983 or jayg33@hotmail.com

The 72-82 Ford V8& Cobra Owners Club will not be responsible for any persons injuring themselves or property during the course of the day. People attending this event do so at their own risk

Garrett

Motorsport
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 05:24:28 PM »
PS: The track and insuracne thing is not 100% in my opinion, from my experience if it is NOT a timed event insurance is not void. BUT best check your individual policy for peace of mind.

PSS So Hev by your post all these bloke bar you and Chris are dyno queens :zip: never actually been "officially" enjoyed? :huh:

I enjoyed myself longer than most, having the least cubes/hp means slowest times....LONGER THRASH :fantastic:

Good ole days, beaten by all and sundry.......

http://www.youtube.com/my_videos

Steve

• Speedster
Motorsport
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 12:21:33 AM »
I have the car apart at the moment..otherwise i would put my name down for this ........I "should" be back on the road in a week or so .......then get the car tuned then all should be good ,i like wakefield patk ,have only been to one drive day there .it was a LOT of fun !

Garrett

Motorsport
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 07:01:36 AM »
:fantastic:

mattlea1

Motorsport
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 08:30:24 AM »
I would love to do a drive day but cash is a bit tight at the moment. If this club was ever going to organise something perhaps we could look here
http://www.mdtc.com.au/
I have been there and there prices are very reasonable.

blocker

Motorsport
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2010, 10:28:00 AM »
Driving training would be fun but where's the competition? Circuit days are the most fun, but in these big heavy cars you can kiss a set of brake rotors goodbye unless you have some big dollar stuff up front. Drag days are excellent fun & are only as hard on the car as you make it. As an added bonus the 1/4 mile is always accurate in regards to how much hp a car is making rather than a figure spat out on a dyno, more fun than a dyno too!

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Motorsport
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 08:11:41 PM »
Quote from: mattlea1 link=topic=3190.msg18842#msg18842
I would love to do a drive day but cash is a bit tight at the moment. If this club was ever going to organise something perhaps we could look here
http://www.mdtc.com.au/
I have been there and there prices are very reasonable.

just looked at that site...the only problem for some of us is that it says there is a 90db noise regulation! That counts a lot of muscle cars out!

My Vette was made for circuit racing with a bit of Drag racing on the side! My dream (if it ever happens?)  is to do regular racing! If my vette is ready I would luv to go to wakefield! :cry:
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333