Author Topic: Where are you from???  (Read 7667 times)

WOTSA442

Where are you from???
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
Quote from: sixpack link=topic=3081.msg17953#msg17953
Quote from: bonnevista link=topic=3081.msg17951#msg17951
Quote from: sixpack link=topic=3081.msg17945#msg17945
I gather most of you lot are from Sydney.
Is that correct?

Originally yes, but I only admit to it when pressed.  

Same here.:omg:

I've been up north now for 36 years.
My father used to own a waste oil disposal business and one of his contracts was supplying fuel oil to Bulli Brickworks.
He also used to oil down Oran Park and Amaroo prior to race meetings when they were still dirt racetracks.I remember riding with him a few times when I was a kid.
Was born in Bankstown,went to Condell Park primary School and then Parramatta High School.
I can remember Parramatta speedway on Parramatta Rd.
Last time I was in Sydney was about 3yrs ago.I was taken down by Hitachi Construction Machinery for the launch of their latest model excavators.There was abt 200 of us from all over Australia.
They hired out Luna Park and we got to dig holes in Luna Park.
Wouldn't be too many people who could say they've dug up Luna Park:lol:

Nope.... but I can say I was standing in the Ghost Train queue when it went up in flames. Still got my ticket with only a couple of holes punched out.
Also used to knock around with a bunch of guys from Condell Park back in the 70's including Peter Thompson (Geoff's little brother) and a bunch of ratbags who had the odd beer at the High Flyer.
They used to hang down at the square until it became an Arab Enclave in the early 80's.
I'm now 15 ks west of Camden & glad to be out of the burbs.

GT SALLY

Where are you from???
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 07:55:37 PM »
Hey, WOTAS442, I played 1st grade soccer at Punchy Boys High with Geoff Thomo & Lenny Pascoe, then Lenny Dirtanovich ("the truck" centre fwd, no stoppin him, hence the nic-name) in 1967-68, they were one year ahead of me, I got to play 1st grade coz I was 2nd grade capt, & they had lotsa injuries, lol

WOTSA442

Where are you from???
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2010, 05:52:28 PM »
Quote from: GT SALLY link=topic=3081.msg18060#msg18060
Hey, WOTAS442, I played 1st grade soccer at Punchy Boys High with Geoff Thomo & Lenny Pascoe, then Lenny Dirtanovich ("the truck" centre fwd, no stoppin him, hence the nic-name) in 1967-68, they were one year ahead of me, I got to play 1st grade coz I was 2nd grade capt, & they had lotsa injuries, lol

I was from Fairfield but met the guys from Condell Park up the coast one holiday season. There was Peter Saunders (Sarge) Peter Godby (Goob) Wayne Packer (Packer) Steve Lonski etc etc. Got to meet Pete Thompson through those guys and eventually sold him a Fiat 124AC I owned when I lived in Punchbowl in a flat on top of the old United Permanent Building Society opposite the station in Railway Parade (that was an experience).Got to meet Geoff through Pete and face him in the nets at CP public school. Never saw a ball.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333