Author Topic: Has anyone been to Germany before??  (Read 4383 times)

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Has anyone been to Germany before??
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:48:57 PM »
I mentioned in an earlier post about my 17 year old son moving ahead with his representative basketball career.  It's been a bit of a rollercoaster in the last couple of months, and it's culminated with him being selected in the Australian Under 19's team.

They go to Mannheim, Germany at the end of this month to play in the Albert Schweitzer invitational tournament.  There are a number of European nations competing as well as non Euro nations including Argentina, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Brazil, Japan and the USA.

Basketball Australia also provide 2 plane tickets for family to attend, so I'm hoping to go and take my other son along too (I can't really afford it, but what the hell).

So, has anyone been to Germany before and if so, is there anything you can tell me?  I've only travelled to the US and Canada, so Europe is an entirely different deal for me.

ozpont

• Rally Licence
    • www.usgmsp.com
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2010, 07:15:07 PM »
Well done.. is that Jordon your talking off..??   THAT IS A BIG step.. for a young bloke from "the gong".. ..  each to their own but  to get to this level is more then most parents can dream off for their kids..

Excellent effort.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2010, 07:24:38 PM »
Yes Dave, that's Jordan.  He hadn't even represented his state until last month, even though he'd been training with the NBL Hawks during school holidays since he was 15.  Admittedly, he got his foot in the door with the Hawks through my association with them, but it was his ability that's kept him there.

It's a giant step.  We still really can't get our collective heads around it.

cpu

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2010, 08:04:19 PM »
Flirts von allen ist es hilfreich, wenn Sie Deutsch können spek. LOL!

Was wollen Sie wissen?.

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 09:52:33 AM »
Quote from: cpu link=topic=3025.msg17564#msg17564
Flirts von allen ist es hilfreich, wenn Sie Deutsch können spek. LOL!

Was wollen Sie wissen?.

:rol::rol::rol::rol::rol::rol:
That's gold CPU :bow:

Only thing i now about germany that some people speak german the rest arabic   :zip:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

cpu

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 09:18:57 PM »
I try my best. :smile:

So bonnevista, what would you like to know. Flick me a U2U if ya want with ya phone number and I'll give ya a buzz if you like.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333