Author Topic: Hey guess what! Tosca's at the Opera house, should be awsume  (Read 4123 times)

heven67

• Rally Licence
Hey guess what! Tosca's at the Opera house, should be awsume
« on: January 23, 2010, 06:26:44 PM »

http://www.liveguide.com.au/Tours/654228/Opera_Australia_Takesha_Mesh_Kizart_Nicole_Youl_John_Wegner_Rosario_La_Spina_Carlo_Barricelli/Tosca

Puccini s great aria, ‘Vissi d arte’, is a moment when time stands still. Who could resist such a heart-breaking appeal?

And who could resist the glorious voice of Nicole Youl in the title role of Opera Australia s first new production of Puccini's Tosca for nearly thirty years?

Although we think of Puccini as the ultimate romantic, Tosca is anything but. There is love, yes, but there is also jealousy, lust and murder. In this new production, originally created for Opera North, director Christopher Alden meets the casual brutality and violence head on. An evocative set, designed by Charles

Edwards, locates the action in a run down church vestry with a confessional which serves first as a hiding place for Angelotti and later as a torture chamber. The result is hugely powerful.

Floria Tosca and Mario Cavaradossi are embroiled in a plot to help a friend escape from prison. Baron Scarpia, the chief of police, is determined to extract the truth from Cavaradossi, and a kiss and the rest from Tosca. Will she sacrifice herself to save her lover? Christopher Alden directs an outstanding cast in this much praised production. Nicole Youl is joined by Rosario La Spina as Cavaradossi and the compelling John Wegner as Scarpia. Tosca’s vivid score is in the hands of Puccini expert, Shao Chia Lü.
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

lazy69

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 06:52:52 PM »

Puccini s great aria, ‘Vissi d arte’, is a moment when time stands still. Who could resist such a heart-breaking appeal?

Me . Not for me thanks I went to the big day out yesterday & that was more for me

heven67

• Rally Licence
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 02:52:34 PM »
They've sold MORE than 500 tickets already and maybe more!..even more than ten times!:rol:
[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

sms777

• Rally Licence
  • Sponsor & The Mechanic
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
We all have our preferances. Personally i go for Romeo and Juliet.
You know the one with Leo in it, especially the skeleton frame .45 ACP.... That gave me a hard on.

Sex, guns, fast cars..... What else could a man ask for?

:lol:

Phone 02 9793 3332
Biggles, The Flying Mechanic

68PONY

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »
Quote from: heven67 link=topic=2850.msg16342#msg16342
They've sold MORE than 500 tickets already and maybe more!..even more than ten times!:rol:

Hev are you sure that was spinach in those pastizzi's you ate :lol:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333