Author Topic: V8's loose another racetrack in 2010.  (Read 3146 times)

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
V8's loose another racetrack in 2010.
« on: January 07, 2010, 05:30:50 PM »
Negotiations between V8's and QLD Raceway have broken down with V8's pulling out of the deal for 2010 meaning QLD along with NSW will only have Street racing.

QLD will have Townsville and the Gold Coast while we get Homebush.

We still have the jewel though.

Doesnt look like QLD Raceway was to sad to loose them along with Eastern Creek.

The poor old enthusiast is the looser in all this,Cochrane doesnt care about the enthusiast though.If he did, why take them to Bahrain and any other joint where they cant give away tickets.

Here is a clip from QLd Raceway

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/motorsport/news/article/-/6653211/v8s-pull-queensland-raceway-round

Here is Cochrane having a shot as he does.

http://www.v8supercars.com.au/content/hero_news/january_2010/qr_off_2010_calendar/

Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

Bumblebee

« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 06:05:57 PM »
I'm so upset over this, I really love oran park, and whilst eastern creek (which isn't used either) is a bike circuit more than a car circuit, it's really sad we get just one race until december.  I love bathurst, but it isn't a hop, skip and jump away either.  Really sad for the fans to lose amaroo, oran (and for those that remember, warwick farm too.

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 06:23:13 PM »
Im not that old to rem Warwick Farm but I can rem the old man telling me how they used to swim across the creek and jump the back fence to watch it,and how it was up there with the likes of Oran and Amaroo.

How good was turn two the right hand sweeper at Amaroo,sitting in the back of Dads old XB panel van,dad drinking KB and us kids running around grabbing sticks for the fire at lunch to cook up the snags....:spaghetti:

I also recall him telling me how Him and his mates used to drive his mates race mini to Bathurst,change wheels and tyres and few bits and pieces and "test & tune" on the HWY back towards Lithgow,and hopefully drive it home on Sunday night.

Maybe just maybe they may have a look and see how much appeal the Masters on Fathers day has and have a think about it.

I believe the tracks where paying about half a mill for the sanctioning of a V8 round,and that recently was talked of doubling by Cochrane.

There was only one track that agreed to the doubling and that was in Vicco.

So this may not be the end of it.

Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

GTA390

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 06:37:29 PM »
Quote from: Muzzy 66 link=topic=2792.msg15778#msg15778

How good was turn two the right hand sweeper at Amaroo

How good is an understatement, the off camber was fantastic, i am lucky enough that when i was younger i did motor racing for about 5-6 years, and loved that corner and the flip flop at Oran park.

I went to Homebush and as a spectacle great but like all street circuits absolute sh#t (you may need to edit that CPU but thats the truth).
You here the drivers aying yeh its great it;s this and that, but deep doen they want to say it sucks, give me a real race track.
Will i go to a street circuit again, more than likely, because i don't have a choice. Freeze my bollocks off at Phillip Island done that before no fun, so maybe a holiday in the sun might be Hidded Valley.
But that depends also on how the V8's are travelling, Don't know if i want to go and watch the Commodore Cup.
Tony Cochrane took the v8's to become a spectacle, my guess is if he don't do something soon it's going to become a debarcle.

Glad thats off my chest :rol:

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333