Author Topic: Handy calculator.  (Read 9398 times)

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
Handy calculator.
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 07:18:34 PM »
New Avatar!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Handy calculator.
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2009, 08:17:08 AM »
Quote from: 65pony link=topic=2685.msg14877#msg14877

Theirs not substitute for good taste, people have loved mustangs for almost 45 years now and their even more popular now!!

Maybe one day you will tie the boat up to the dock and jump on some real horsepower :rub:

If you like them, great. It's just that most Mustang owner assume everyone wants one, and whilst they're obviously popular with alot of people, they're also not appealling to others.

As far as me ever getting one, no thanks.  In any case, I've already had the 'kiddy cars', I'm a grown up, I drive a grown ups car, you know, with a back seat (you can actually sit in), a boot and a tow bar and just a few other things, like a 455 from the factory (not bolted in afterwards), power seat, power windows, climate control a/c, tilt steering column and power convertible top.
:seeya:  

65pony

• Speedster
Handy calculator.
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 09:17:52 AM »
Kiddy Cars?? I may be wrong here but i'm pretty sure I'm one of the youngest guys round here driving a mustang so the assumption that only kids drive these cars is a bit off the mark.

A 455 from factory?? No a mustang never offered this but then again no mustang ever needed such a big engine. As most mustangs weight under 1.4 tonne a small V8 is more than enough power to get it up and going. You have to remember Carroll Shelby never won any races because he had the biggest engine! He won them because he had the best power to weight ratio!! And if you really wanted something special you would get a big 6 and blow all the V8's away :gotya:

And finally of course mustangs do not have any of the above luxury's but remember we don't buy these cars to drive everyday, if I wanted that I'd spend 25K and buy a new lancer or 4 cylinder rice burner.

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
Handy calculator.
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2009, 11:35:12 AM »
Quote from: 65pony link=topic=2685.msg14900#msg14900
Kiddy Cars?? I may be wrong here but i'm pretty sure I'm one of the youngest guys round here driving a mustang so the assumption that only kids drive these cars is a bit off the mark.

A 455 from factory?? No a mustang never offered this but then again no mustang ever needed such a big engine. As most mustangs weight under 1.4 tonne a small V8 is more than enough power to get it up and going. You have to remember Carroll Shelby never won any races because he had the biggest engine! He won them because he had the best power to weight ratio!! And if you really wanted something special you would get a big 6 and blow all the V8's away :gotya:

And finally of course mustangs do not have any of the above luxury's but remember we don't buy these cars to drive everyday, if I wanted that I'd spend 25K and buy a new lancer or 4 cylinder rice burner.

:rol::rol::rol:feel better now Jole:ban:

GT SALLY

Handy calculator.
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2009, 11:40:07 AM »
I'm with you Jole, if I wanted to drive a tank, I would have signed up in the Army & gone to Vietnam.

65pony

• Speedster
Handy calculator.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 11:51:08 AM »
Quote from: joe74ta link=topic=2685.msg14904#msg14904

:rol::rol::rol:feel better now Jole:ban:

Slightly.... :rol: :rol:

So who's next??? :boxing:

Bumblebee

Handy calculator.
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2009, 01:31:23 PM »
If you gotta go Pontiac, it has to be a nice Firebird, rather then a nice Firetruck tanker with extension ladder, they have a really big engine and a back seat too  ;-)

Bumblebee

Handy calculator.
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 01:35:13 PM »
P.S. Chris I hope you are not taking any of this crap seriously! :-)!

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Handy calculator.
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2009, 03:58:20 PM »

Don't buy them to drive every day??

Speak for yourself.

News flash!!!  It's a CAR, and just an old Ford, last time I looked.  It won't hurt to drive it all the time - it's what they were actually made for.    

If I couldn't drive it every day, I wouldn't bother owning one, but I guess I'm old school.  When I got into the hobby in 1981, everyone drove their American car everyday (including the Mustang owners).

I've owned a couple of Firebirds, their back seat sucks.

bonnevista

• Top Fuel Pilot
Handy calculator.
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2009, 04:05:50 PM »
Speaking of backseats, however.  One of the local radio stations here in Wollongong, I98 FM, have an afternoon drive show called "the backseat."  

They decided they wanted to make a commercial for the show, so they needed a convertible (so they could rig camera and shading).  

The only problem was, modern convertibles, like Beemers or Holden Astras, have an 'ornamental' back seat - just for looks.  

So, where did they go when they wanted a ragtop with a REAL back seat???

No prizes for guessing - the extra cash is handy this time of year.

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333