Author Topic: Petition: Car Enthusiasts Against Lowering & Raising Vehicle Laws !  (Read 18575 times)

65pony

• Speedster
Petition: Car Enthusiasts Against Lowering & Raising Vehicle Laws !
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2009, 02:20:16 PM »
anyone know a good date to set this for??

I was thinking this weekend because that's when they come into place but theirs no time to plan or get the word out.

any ideas on a date would be great...

heven67

• Rally Licence
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 03:47:02 PM »
Personally I thing its a big load of rubbish, There was a big hoo-haa when wats his name the baldie doode ban the load doof doofs subs now it lowerings turn, I dont thinks there is anything to worry about as its been said before its the hoons they are after, I kow cause my youngest son is one of them!

[align=center]
BLING IS KING. Real muscle cars have 3 pedals  "Praise The Lowered"[/align]

65pony

• Speedster
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2009, 05:18:36 PM »
I understand where your coming from but after my weekends experience, my already low faith in the police was destroyed!!

Their really needs to be something said! This is only the start of their laws, almost a water tester to see if anyone argues. I can guarantee if nothing is said now in the early stages, their will be a whole lot more of restrictive laws that will be passed over night and enforced.

Steve

• Speedster
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2009, 06:38:56 PM »
Originally posted by 65pony
I understand where your coming from but after my weekends experience, my already low faith in the police was destroyed!!

you actually have faith in the revenue raisers ??????
sad isnt it that we now live in a police state !
police generally have more powers than magistrates have in many instances !

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #34 on: July 28, 2009, 10:37:41 PM »
The point of the protest for me is not so much the lowering/ raising issue its more about politicians doing what ever they want, when ever they want, without consulting the people that put them in office! Isnt that the point of our whole political system, they are Public Servants they are supposed to serve our needs.
We are becoming more and more a NOT Free country with way to much unthought out regulation. I have to deal with a lot of these moron politicians on a daily basis! Rees and Roozandaal dont even have driving licences! and these people tell us what is good for the automotive industry and tell people who know and breath cars what is best for them!! And if you dont comply well you must be a Hoon (in a politicians eyes)!
If we dont start standing up to these uninformed politicians we will end up with expensive cars that will ONLY live in your garage and wont be driven!
So lets get behind this cause whether it affects you or not because one day it will affect you!:D
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

cpu

« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2009, 11:29:52 PM »
Originally posted by 69DirtyRat
The point of the protest for me is not so much the lowering/ raising issue its more about politicians doing what ever they want, when ever they want, without consulting the people that put them in office! Isnt that the point of our whole political system, they are Public Servants they are supposed to serve our needs.
We are becoming more and more a NOT Free country with way to much unthought out regulation. I have to deal with a lot of these moron politicians on a daily basis! Rees and Roozandaal dont even have driving licences! and these people tell us what is good for the automotive industry and tell people who know and breath cars what is best for them!! And if you dont comply well you must be a Hoon (in a politicians eyes)!
If we dont start standing up to these uninformed politicians we will end up with expensive cars that will ONLY live in your garage and wont be driven!
So lets get behind this cause whether it affects you or not because one day it will affect you!:D

Hear, Hear!

roadhound

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2009, 06:41:48 PM »
Andy you made some strong points,WE should petition the RTA as well
to set up an seperate department that serves us better and undertsands
the sort of cars we drive.It seem to me this head in the clouds or the trough
approach will only lead further away from why they let us have these cars
in the first place.As more and more cars arrive from the states and of course
I'm talkin American here and as different ministers get elected or shuffled
at present there is no direction.Someone who really understands and has
the experience to look after us would be a more positive step, even as an
aid for all those workshops doing the changes.police only know so much
a certificate from RTA along with the rego details.So lets get someone in
Office who knows cars and talks with car clubs and not the broad term "transport" leave the hoons out in the cold
in this category

lazy69

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2009, 08:00:40 PM »
We need an organisation like SEMA here to lobby the politicians to stop laws like this from passing.

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2009, 09:18:54 PM »
Joel any dates as of yet?
Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2009, 10:33:09 PM »
I sent a letter to my local member of parliament yesterday! I copied the one from the 4wd clubs and slightly changed it, if anyone wants to do the same use this link

http://www.4wdaction.com.au/new_rta_height_and_lift_laws/nsw_vsi_suspension_mp.html

and to find your local member go to here
http://www.parliament.nsw.gov.au/prod/PARLMENT/members.nsf/V3Home
and click on the 'Current members of Parliament' and find your area.
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333