Author Topic: MAY 2ND SAT. AMCCA DYNO DAY.  (Read 88577 times)

two89w

MAY 2ND SAT. AMCCA DYNO DAY.
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2009, 09:41:40 AM »
Originally posted by 68PONY
Originally posted by two89w
Surely one of the two red Rustangs(68 convert or 67 coupe)would have made over 320 at the wheels? ;L

At least we have one
And you couldn't even run a 12 sec pass with 326hp@ wheels and 4.11 diff ratio in a light weight 1300 kg car ,back to the drawing board mate.;u  

Now where is that hook, line and sinker? ;y

My comment was aimed at drive train loss (theory) For arguments sake heven's car lost around the 34% through his drive train given that (from memory) his engine made 458hp?? on an engine dyno and 309 at the wheels. That really surprises me. However Bumblebee has a 401hp??engine and made 313 hp at the wheels.

How does that work?

Its simple bumblebee's car was tuned to perfection by sr performace steve got every hp possible out of that engine ,hevs car on the other hand was running very lean bordering on dangerous robing power  not to mention that  fan he runs which is probably robing another 10 hp  ,once hev tunes the car with his new carby which was not fitted in time for dyno day it will definatly make more power .
If you were there you would have seen that and you wouldn't be asking the question mr two89 oh sorry thats right its not two89 your name should be im full of  I  actually have a three47 , no hook line and sinker just facts

Is there any need to be so nasty? ;L

cpu

« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2009, 11:52:01 AM »
Originally posted by joe74ta

268 HP

....Fiat C300, now that's just mean.  ;x

Any videos chook?

Muzzy 66

• Rally Licence
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2009, 11:52:40 AM »
Thanks very much for the day...

Thanks Steve for the workshop..

Chris & Paul for cooking the BBQ..

Growing old is inevitable,Growing up is optional.!!!!!  66 Mustang Coupe.

69DirtyRat

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #73 on: May 03, 2009, 11:57:23 AM »
Just a note for the pres. I looked up your HP from new! depending on which package you got, your 305ci had anywhere from 170hp to 230hp Flywheel new! So 146hp rear wheel is actually pretty good!
1969 Corvette ZL-1 540ci 755hp
1972 Chevy Suburban 454ci
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood 75 Limo 390ci 325hp
www.ratpackmuscle.com

68PONY

« Reply #74 on: May 03, 2009, 12:28:00 PM »
Surely one of the two red Rustangs(68 convert or 67 coupe)would have made over 320 at the wheels? ;L

At least we have one
And you couldn't even run a 12 sec pass with 326hp@ wheels and 4.11 diff ratio in a light weight 1300 kg car ,back to the drawing board mate.;u  

Now where is that hook, line and sinker? ;y

My comment was aimed at drive train loss (theory) For arguments sake heven's car lost around the 34% through his drive train given that (from memory) his engine made 458hp?? on an engine dyno and 309 at the wheels. That really surprises me. However Bumblebee has a 401hp??engine and made 313 hp at the wheels.

How does that work?

Its simple bumblebee's car was tuned to perfection by sr performace steve got every hp possible out of that engine ,hevs car on the other hand was running very lean bordering on dangerous robing power  not to mention that  fan he runs which is probably robing another 10 hp  ,once hev tunes the car with his new carby which was not fitted in time for dyno day it will definatly make more power .
If you were there you would have seen that and you wouldn't be asking the question mr two89 oh sorry thats right its not two89 your name should be im full of  I  actually have a three47 , no hook line and sinker just facts

Is there any need to be so nasty? ;L

Why don't you read your second post your wording is very smug ,as you pointed out mine and hevs car and for someone that doesnt even own a muscle car any more you should keep your mouth shut.
ive run the numbers on the track where it really counts you have yet to do that
let me explain something to you , you can't compare a engine hp dyno figure to a wheel hp figure, a engine on a engine dyno only has a set of extrctors bolted to it thus showing true horspower ,when you put that engine in a car you then have a whole lot of factors that can determine the hp at the wheels .
1. exhaust from extractors back can rob hp if right size is not fitted
2 transmision , there is a power loss there and more so in a auto with big converter  
3. even the size of diff a 9inch will rob more that a standard 8 inch
4.accesories the more you run the more the loss.
and in hevs case his engine dyno figure was with the holley 750dp and was tuned on the engine dyno with that carb, he has since changed that carby so you cant compare  , i personaly think he has now under carbed that engine but hopefully he can go up a few jet sizes  and he gets it right
so dave (two89 ) i hope this answers your original question why such a big power loss from engine to wheels for hevs car.
But really why are you so concerned hev loves the way the  car drives and is more than happy with the power  .

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2009, 01:19:12 PM »
I think you pair should get a room or better still, take this discussion over to the MOCA forum where it belongs.:D

68PONY

« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2009, 02:03:14 PM »
Nah joe this kid has a big chip on his shoulder ,anyway its all been said now, im done ,he can now go back and hide in his cave.

cpu

« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2009, 04:20:06 PM »
I have all of Joe's pictures of the day.  Before I get them all uploaded to the website, are there any others?

It's much easier to do them all at once rather than in dribs and drabs.

Thanks
Guys

PS

The videos are up in the "Drive Inn" section

mattlea1

« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2009, 04:38:16 PM »
I must admit im very impressed with the HP from Stupo's standard 300C. Very impressive;F

joe74ta

• Top Fuel Pilot
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2009, 05:58:59 PM »
Probably the worlds fastest fiat;x;x;x;x

;x;x;x;x

;x;x;x;xho boy!!!

Phone 02 9829 5072

Phone 0438 658 458

Phone 0432 136 333